Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It better come with a 59,000mah battery to support wifi, BT and WM6 lol
    It'll come with jumper cables. Car battery not included.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Don't forget your gloves!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Ill pick up a trailer hitch in that case
    Remember the bag phone? This could be a whole new category for Palm. A battery bag smart phone companion.

This specs sound great. I hope they are correct. It will have taken them 3 years to get here from my 650. I would have liked it to happen sooner but I'm just glad it appears to be happening.
    Last edited by scsanden; 06/12/2007 at 08:24 PM.
    The US ITC ban on all NEW phones with the offending Qualcomm chips may play a role in the success of the Treo 800w, especially if this ends up effecting phones like the 6800 and HTC Touch AND the 800w came out as early as Sept or even Aug. No one knows for sure how this is going to effect the phones that may shipped but have not gone on sale yet for sure. Most are predicting the 6800 will not effected, at least not initially...but everything is only speculations at this time.

If Sept / Oct came around and the 800w was released with the specs given in the OP and the other HTC phones were still locked up in legal proceedings with no known end in sight, I would consider buying it, even though it does still have a square screen. In fact if they were released at the same time I would certainly take a test run on both of them for sure.
    This phone is probably made by HTC also, and probably uses the Qualcomm chip with intergrated GPS, meaning all these nice features can be added at low cost. If the other HTC phones are affected, so will this phone also.

Surur
    If that is the case, the 800w maybe more effected than some of the HTC models like the 6800 as it appears the date of import is the hinging factor of the ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    This phone is probably made by HTC also, and probably uses the Qualcomm chip with intergrated GPS, meaning all these nice features can be added at low cost. If the other HTC phones are affected, so will this phone also.

Surur
    Awesome. As if we haven`t ALREADY waited long enough for an upgrade.
    I've been trying to follow this thread, and was curious as to what this HTC ban is???
    Regards,

2smart4phone
    Quote Originally Posted by 2smart4phone View Post
    I've been trying to follow this thread, and was curious as to what this HTC ban is???
    http://www.usitc.gov/ext_relations/n.../er0607ee1.htm
    So just when Palm ups the ante and gives us what we've been clamoring for all these years, it gets banned?!!??
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    isnt AGPS different than GPS?
    I thought AGPS was the 911 system and carrier use one.
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    AGPS is "Assisted" Global Positioning System. Essentially, it's like ground-based server-calculated GPS. The cellular towers and servers triangulate your position and send it to the phone, instead of the phone triangulating off of the satellites in standard GPS.
    "'Form follows function' ó that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    It better come with a 59,000mah battery to support wifi, BT and WM6 lol
    I always love the battery question (aka Palm's excuse for not upgrading because the battery will take a hit). I was using my Cingular 8525 in San Antonio last week - with its WiFi, HSDPA 3G, and bluetooth and averaged two days for each re-charge; one day with heavy WiFi. I am so tired of Palm using the battery as an excuse for not upgrading radios or screens.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss View Post
    I always love the battery question (aka Palm's excuse for not upgrading because the battery will take a hit). I was using my Cingular 8525 in San Antonio last week - with its WiFi, HSDPA 3G, and bluetooth and averaged two days for each re-charge; one day with heavy WiFi. I am so tired of Palm using the battery as an excuse for not upgrading radios or screens.
    I never made it past 1 day on then 8525 even with minimal use. With WiFi I never made it more than 4 hours. I'm not sure how you do it, but I never saw anything close to those battery times.
    Regardless it's a poor excuse to not upgrade the hardware.
    Here is what ecare said today. It may be just a dream but I won't believe it until I see it- actually I wonder if she is reading the 6800 spec sheet.

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding your inquiry about the launch of the new Treo phone.

I am glad to inform you that we have already launched the new Windows mobile 6 phone for Treo. This phone will be available at the stores on July 15, 2007.

The main features of this phone are:

- All-in-one smart device with Windows Mobile 6 Operating System, integrated antenna and future support for EV-DO REV A.

- WiFi Support: WiFi technology provides a high-speed data connection between the device and nearby WiFi access points (‚EUR?hot spots‚EUR� or WiFi ZONESTM)

- Micro SD card slot that supports up to 4GB memory cards (sold separately). A 512MB microSD included (already inserted in the device. The Micro SD Card slot is located at the bottom of the device)

- Built-in 2.0 (versus 1.3) megapixel camera and camcorder

- Longer Battery Life: battery life will improve by approximately 20% from the 6700

- More Internal Memory: internal memory increases from 128MB to 256MB.

- Supports Sprint Music Store

- Run Java Applications

We thank you for contacting us.

Lydia D.

Business E-Care
    Sprint
    "Where our customers come first!"
    Quote Originally Posted by scoob View Post
    Here is what ecare said today. It may be just a dream but I won't believe it until I see it- actually I wonder if she is reading the 6800 spec sheet.

Thank you for contacting Sprint regarding your inquiry about the launch of the new Treo phone.

I am glad to inform you that we have already launched the new Windows mobile 6 phone for Treo. This phone will be available at the stores on July 15, 2007.

The main features of this phone are:

- All-in-one smart device with Windows Mobile 6 Operating System, integrated antenna and future support for EV-DO REV A.

- WiFi Support: WiFi technology provides a high-speed data connection between the device and nearby WiFi access points (‚EUR?hot spots‚EUR� or WiFi ZONESTM)

- Micro SD card slot that supports up to 4GB memory cards (sold separately). A 512MB microSD included (already inserted in the device. The Micro SD Card slot is located at the bottom of the device)

- Built-in 2.0 (versus 1.3) megapixel camera and camcorder

- Longer Battery Life: battery life will improve by approximately 20% from the 6700

- More Internal Memory: internal memory increases from 128MB to 256MB.

- Supports Sprint Music Store

- Run Java Applications

We thank you for contacting us.

Lydia D.

Business E-Care
    Sprint
    "Where our customers come first!"
    hmmmm...no mention of gps though....
    Last edited by Gaurav; 06/25/2007 at 05:37 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Scoob,

It sounds like she is reading from the 6800 spec sheet, not about the 800W.

The main indicator is the comparisson to the 6700 battery expectations.
    yep, it sounds to me like the 6800 too
    The comparison to the battery of the 6700 makes it clear she was reading the spec sheet for the 6800.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast