Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Anybody see this? http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/09/p...ersion-on-the/

Edit: Oops, just saw the other thread about the Gandalf. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by cam05 View Post
    Make sure your sitting down...

Treo 800w, comming to Sprint - Q4 includes the following upgrades:

320x320 Resolution, WiFi, GPS, WM6, 128RAM

This all according to a reliable Sprint source @ Engadget

Sounds good :-)
    Yep, good thing I was sitting down. The thought of a Windows Treo gives me Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
    And what does no true updated Palm OS in YEARS do for you?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by xchpstang View Post
    I think Slinky has resurrected from the dead.
    Buwhahahahaha! I wonder who killed....er I mean banished him...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpaper View Post
    COnfused....so are you contradicting you earlier post that Sprint will not being releasing the supposed "800p" now?

I'm skeptical of the specs, but if true this would be my ideal Treo fyi....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Yep, good thing I was sitting down. The thought of a Windows Treo gives me Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
    The 700p MR update makes you feel good lol lol
    so if this true VZW will with in a few months a treo 755p, treo 800w and 800p? That seems like one to many new Palm devices for one carrier. Palm will never do that?
    I don't know why everyone is so skeptical of both GPS AND wifi. Wifi is something we've been *****ing about for 3 years now so it's about time and GPS is being included in basically EVERY CDMA phone now for e911. So it's not really a choice.
    I'd like to see real GPS in a GSM version, that would make me go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I don't know why everyone is so skeptical of both GPS AND wifi. Wifi is something we've been *****ing about for 3 years now so it's about time and GPS is being included in basically EVERY CDMA phone now for e911. So it's not really a choice.
    Re: Wifi, as we all know Colligan said in May 2006:

"We do believe Wi-Fi is an important technology. There's no question that we'll ultimately put [it] in our products, but at the right time."
    It will be in a device eventually...just whether or not now is the time. Seems like it could be, then again the "Lennon" was suppose to have Wifi too and that didn't happen.

At this point, we can't rule it out. But obviously we have to be skeptical.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Re: Wifi, as we all know Colligan said in May 2006:

It will be in a device eventually...just whether or not now is the time. Seems like it could be, then again the "Lennon" was suppose to have Wifi too and that didn't happen.

At this point, we can't rule it out. But obviously we have to be skeptical.
    Um, Foleo has WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Um, Foleo has WiFi.
    lol, yeah I was thinking that too since Colligan said "our products" as opposed to say...our Treos. But at least reading the article, the reporter writes it as for the Treo line. Then again, Foleo was still in skunk-works at the time, stealing advanced technology from the future

Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post
    I don't think you are going to see wifi on a cdma phone.

it is not a feature that is missing, it is a feature that is blocked.

you are not the customer that counts, the providers are. they are not going to cut their own throats by ending a the massive income stream on data charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Um, Foleo has WiFi.
    um, foleo is not a phone and not sold through providers suicidally competing with those providers' pay data services.

I tis not just data and text message charges, once you are into wifi with a decent operating system it is just a matter of time before voip apps will cut the throats of providers.
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post

it is not a feature that is missing, it is a feature that is blocked.

you are not the customer that counts, the providers are. they are not going to cut their own throats by ending a the massive income stream on data charges.
    not true cause how do you explain the 6700 6800 and other pda phones BY sprint as a provider, having Wifi...more like PALM is cheap and way behind in everything
    There's Wifi on several CDMA phones...
    HTC ppc-6700 and the upcoming HTC ppc-6800?

Both on Sprint and Verizon, both have Wifi. 6800 will also be EvDO Rev A upgradeable and the big rumor for Sprint: GPS (enabled later on too).

Granted, it's not wide-spread, but it's there.

Also the upcoming Samsung i760 on Verizon has Wifi.

Edit:
    damn, my post became quite redundant fast!

Edit 2: The Verizon BB Perl 8120 also is expected to have Wifi/GPS.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 06/11/2007 at 09:57 PM.

um, foleo is not a phone and not sold through providers suicidally competing with those providers' pay data services.

I tis not just data and text message charges, once you are into wifi with a decent operating system it is just a matter of time before voip apps will cut the throats of providers.
    What does this have to do with Colligan's quote???
    Yup, been shown at Howard Forum last week re: Treo 800w being released at Verizon on Sept 13, 2007. Since Sprint came out with Treo 755p first, then VZW gets first dibs on the new WM Treo 800w.

Quote Originally Posted by cam05 View Post
    Make sure your sitting down...

Treo 800w, comming to Sprint - Q4 includes the following upgrades:

320x320 Resolution, WiFi, GPS, WM6, 128RAM

This all according to a reliable Sprint source @ Engadget

Sounds good :-)
    I wonder how all of this affects the "Treo 750 refresh" that's expected in oct/nov on AT&T. I'm HOPING that it'll be identical to the Treo 750 but with 320x320. Beck wifi or GPS would be welcome but I seriously doubt it.
    But I wonder if there will be any more drastic changes like the 800w or gandolf, or whatever?
    It better come with a 59,000mah battery to support wifi, BT and WM6 lol
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast