Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hmm....
    This rumor would be more believable if not including the GPS. Wi-fi + GPS from one new machine at the same time? Are we talking about the same company?
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    it is too good to be true!
    i call BS, only a 1.3 MP camera but wifi/gps? im sorry but theyd upgrade the camera from 2 years ago if they were adding all the goodies. i dont see this coming from palm sorry to say its too big a jump in technology from what they always do.

P.S if you want anyone to believe your blog about the 800w i suggest spelling correctly and professionally. Its "AGPS" and "1.3 MP" for 1.3 megapixel. To be taken seriously means presenting yourself seriously and editing. Also, if you supposedly have this sheet or whatever post the pic it included. Shouldnt have to "verify" it before posting it, just dont label it as any model and you have no liability or credibility problems. Let people judge for themselves.

I for one dont believe a word. You have no sources or real proof besides posting on a blog which doesnt make it creditable let alone spelled 2 simple, but important, spec abbreviations wrong in 3 whole sentences posted. The credibility level is way down.
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 06/11/2007 at 01:25 AM.
    hmmmm, don't tell me the sprint one will have a sim card slot for international use too. Pushing it a little bit huh?
    no thats the 800p LOL (yeh explain that rumor the 800p has gsm/cdma suposedly but not the w, and also there are no more palm treos its gonna be linux). All these rumors and so little that'll be true. its palm cmon people theyve never done anything innovative in years and years. People are taking rumors to the extreme now with wishful thinking and no support to them.

you really think with the 755p JUST launched theres gonna be a sprint 800p this year? palm doesnt do that people they dont release 2 similar models in the same year.

my PREDICTION: 800w will be some of the rumored things- 750 form factor, MAYBE 320x320, wm6, 64mb rom, 128mb ram evdo rev A 1.3mp camera THATS IT. they wont advance it that far over the 700w/wx/750- pretty much a little upgraded 750 with rev a and wm6. palm has NEVER made that big a jump in treo technology and their sales are still high so theyre not gonna go overboard for nothing when people are happy with what they have by the numbers.

Heck look at the newest htc release the 6800. theres no way palm will outdo htc. htc has always been the cutting edge technology on cdma (6700- first with wifi first wm5 etc.)when its released and palm has always been the opposite. i dont see that trend all the sudden changing just because people say so by rumors
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 06/11/2007 at 01:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    i call BS, only a 1.3 MP camera but wifi/gps? im sorry but theyd upgrade the camera from 2 years ago if they were adding all the goodies. i dont see this coming from palm sorry to say its too big a jump in technology from what they always do.

P.S if you want anyone to believe your blog about the 800w i suggest spelling correctly and professionally. Its "AGPS" and "1.3 MP" for 1.3 megapixel. To be taken seriously means presenting yourself seriously and editing. Also, if you supposedly have this sheet or whatever post the pic it included. Shouldnt have to "verify" it before posting it, just dont label it as any model and you have no liability or credibility problems. Let people judge for themselves.

I for one dont believe a word. You have no sources or real proof besides posting on a blog which doesnt make it creditable let alone spelled 2 simple, but important, spec abbreviations wrong in 3 whole sentences posted. The credibility level is way down.
    Okay! I've been reading Treocentral for years. Always enjoyed it!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Any forthcoming Treo 800 has to have all that functionality. HTC are releasing devices on CDMA (Libra S720) and GSM/3G (S730) with WM 6, WiFi, GPS, BT2, and a 2 megapixel camera in the next few months.

Palm must deliver the goods, or die. Those of you who are saying 'too good to be true' had better be wrong.
    AGPS? NOW you're entering the realm of plausibility. All these phones technically have that. I was getting all excited about the thought of a Sirf chip in a Treo.

IMO a built-in GPS chip has the potential to significantly change the way I use my device. Wi-Fi is just a long overdue throw-in.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Mpaper you mentioned that you had some preliminary specs for a 800P (as in Palm) can you comment on those specs now that we have the potential specs for the 800W?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    If all those specs come out to be true, I'll be the first in line to pick one up like I did with the 700wx.
    Hello, Hdhntr23, The specs are the same as we reported a month ago, the main spec of interest is the GSM/CDMA Worldphone capability. There are a few phones other than the 8830 coming out on the Sprint network that will be GSM/CDMA, the 800p, was to be one of them. But, it looks as though either, Palm said "no" or Sprint said "no" Because it is obvious that Sprint wants the WM 800 and not the Palm version, in fact they don't even seem all that keen on the 755p.

Maybe Verizon will get it or maybe Palm had to go back to work on it (700p anyone?). But the Buzz started in Sprint several weeks ago and all were surpirsed it didn't show up on the roadmap. Sorry I can't tell you more, in particular since it's the phone that I want. Also, Sprint is seeing a lot of returns on the 755p, complaints about it being slow and resets. Maybe the 700p & 755p are the reason. Believe me, I am trying everything possible to find out what happened. But thanks for asking HdHuntr23, the moment we get more info I will let you know!
    Can you post a link to your 800P spec article please?
    There is no spoon.
    Thanks!

Im assuming the 128Mb of RAM is going to be the same since the whole "cross platform" announcement?

Also, do we know if the 800P will be running Garnet or Linux?
    There is no spoon.
    Why stop here. Let's get excited about a dual-boot OS onboard too. The odds are about the same with Palm. Then again, maybe someone at Palm got a wildhair and decided to try a "niche market" called WiFi. Maybe they can move 100 units or so.

As long as it's Foleo compatible. That's all we care about really.
    Patrick Horne
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I don't even use the camera on my treo700w, but a new device with a 1.3 megapixel camera is just insulting at this point.
    I just hope the 800w is released sooner rather than later because the bb 8830 & the ppc 6800 are looking to be very tempting for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpaper View Post
    Dude, do you really want to claim the credit? The spec look very bogus as it is.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast