1.    #1  
    How do I set up the storage card? I remember when I had my MDA, I had to make some folders for the memory card.

or can I just use it without making specific folders? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    it should just automatically detect it and you can use it right away

you can create folders if you want to though
    I would definitely make folders, because the more info that is on the root of the card, the longer it takes to load on wakeup (helpful tip for everyone actually.)

I myself set up 4 folders. MUSIC for ringtones (which I copy to device together after a hard reset), PROGRAMS with cab's of all of the programs I would need to re-install after a hard reset, MY DOCUMENTS for informative files that I keep handy (A txt file of reg codes, etc), and MY PICTURES. All files go in folders, none on the root of the card.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    I would definitely make folders, because the more info that is on the root of the card, the longer it takes to load on wakeup (helpful tip for everyone actually.)

I myself set up 4 folders. MUSIC for ringtones (which I copy to device together after a hard reset), PROGRAMS with cab's of all of the programs I would need to re-install after a hard reset, MY DOCUMENTS for informative files that I keep handy (A txt file of reg codes, etc), and MY PICTURES. All files go in folders, none on the root of the card.
    Thanks guys. I went hunting to the old forums I used to visit for the MDA and found it.

Temp\Cookies
    Temp\History

and then a Reg edit for save all the cookies and history from PIE to the storage card.

I guess it will be useless now since I'll be using Opera Mobile.

On the other hand, are there more folders that can be used to save info on the storage card that is normally saved on the system memory (like PIE's files?)

Thanks again guys.
    I wouldn't bther if I were you. Moving the PIE files to the card can cause issues with the card, as well as email attachments. I would recommend just using the card for misc files that you rarely access, like documents/pdf's/music. The Treo comes with plenty of storage memory
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattycerts View Post
    I wouldn't bther if I were you. Moving the PIE files to the card can cause issues with the card, as well as email attachments. I would recommend just using the card for misc files that you rarely access, like documents/pdf's/music. The Treo comes with plenty of storage memory

How about installing Opera Mobile? I did it on the storage card. any known issues if I do that?
    I have Opera installed and running on my SD card with no problems. That is, unless my SD card is accidentally removed.