1.    #1  
    I have searched... and im unable to find out if Mortscript can display an image in a POPUP window. Would rather NOT use an external application like "Internet Explorer".

What im tring to do: In my application (NOC-Today) I have options to display current stats Graphs which are .png files im pulling from a URL. I would rather display the images in a popup on the today screen, Kinda like how Weather Panel does it.

Thanks!

Kevin
    MortScript doesn't provide a way to show images in a popup. You'd either have to use pie or some other app that can display images. If you want it displayed on the today screen like weatherpanel you would need to write a today plugin or pay zbop to do it for you.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    MortScript doesn't provide a way to show images in a popup. You'd either have to use pie or some other app that can display images. If you want it displayed on the today screen like weatherpanel you would need to write a today plugin or pay zbop to do it for you.
    I would like it to POPUP a window containing image from the Today plugin I wrote, but not display image ON the today screen itself (Semantics).

Maybe there's a lightweight image popup viewer out there I can send commands to...
    Yep, you'll have to use an external application. PIE or the MS photo-viewer app will take command-line arguments, although I recall there were some quirks with both. Or there may be a freeware image viewer that accepts command-line arguments.

If I ever get around to doing v2.0 of the billboard plugin, I'll consider adding it
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    Yep, you'll have to use an external application. PIE or the MS photo-viewer app will take command-line arguments, although I recall there were some quirks with both. Or there may be a freeware image viewer that accepts command-line arguments.

If I ever get around to doing v2.0 of the billboard plugin, I'll consider adding it
    Thanks for the info zbop. Thought this would also be a good addon for Xcast/ForceCast... Popup the radar image for the current weather.

Does'nt have to be for billboard although without your Billboard script I would be no where with this project or at least far behind.

Currently I am using PIE, which works fine for the image I am grabbing, but would like to have the image just popup in a small window rather then in another application window. You get me...

Thanks again for all your help, it has been invaluable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Thanks for the info zbop. Thought this would also be a good addon for Xcast/ForceCast... Popup the radar image for the current weather.

Does'nt have to be for billboard although without your Billboard script I would be no where with this project or at least far behind.
    Yeah, that would be cool for *Cast.

Agreed it doesn't have to be by Billboard, but if you don't want to use an external app, the popup window has to be created either by MortScript or Billboard, it can't be generated spontaneously . You could also post this as a suggestion on Mort's forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Interstink View Post
    Currently I am using PIE, which works fine for the image I am grabbing, but would like to have the image just popup in a small window rather then in another application window. You get me...

Thanks again for all your help, it has been invaluable!
    I get that you want it lightweight, but other than that is there some reason you don't want to use an external app? Just curious...
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by zbop View Post
    ...I get that you want it lightweight, but other than that is there some reason you don't want to use an external app? Just curious...
    Just for the overall application usability. Opening PIE means it has to be closed. Having it open as a Popup window, you still would close it but the effect is much more conducive to my application needs/requirments.

If you have used weather panel, you know what I mean... If it opened all the images in PIE, you most likely wouldn't use those features as much.

I will post the request in Mortscripts forums as well - you should too!