Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Hello All,

Am I correct is saying that the 700wx cannot initiate a voice command from a Bluetooth headset? I have read other posts where people mention that they use a Bluetooth headset with the 700wx but I am not positive what the limitations they have encountered are.

What capability does the 700wx have when in comes to a Bluetooth headset and what, if any, hacks are necessary to obtain said functionality.

Thanks again for your time!

- dtg
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Voice Command does not work over bluetooth. There are many threads on this issue. The audio never comes over bluetooth from VC and the treo's mic is what still picks up your voice for VC. There are no hacks or mods that can make this happen as of yet and we have been trying since the treo 700w came out.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply Demitri ... Can you still accept incoming calls over a Bluetooth headset with the 700wx? If you initiate a call via the 700wx can you use the Bluetooth headset to continue the call?

- dtg
    Yes to both... questions

The 750 is the only one that can initiate a voice command from the BT headset
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    With my a2dp moto s9 headphones (after hannip's a2dp hack), I am able to get pda sounds over the headset including the the VC prompts; however, like dimitri said, when you speak commands it still only goes through the treo mic. I am able to activate VC with the bt headset though.
    You can initiate a command from the headset, just not give the command (I think this was updated in VC 6). For instance, on most headsets there is a button to press to start a command, you can press it, but your Treo will listen from it's microphone, not from the headset.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    So once the Voice Command session has been established, do the rest of the commands go through the Bluetooth headset or are the command always processed by the handset (treo) mic?

Also, is the A2DP hack mentioned above required for this functionality? If one is only interested in the bluetooth headset for phone operations and voice command is the A2DP hack worth installing? Thanks!

- dtg
    The A2DP-enabled stack seems to improve BT on the 700wx in general. It also provides for BT DUN and some other features.

The VC 1.6 is required for the button functionality.

The Treo's MIC still does all of the work on the 700wx when using VC 1.6.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGeek View Post
    So once the Voice Command session has been established, do the rest of the commands go through the Bluetooth headset or are the command always processed by the handset (treo) mic?
    - dtg
    The commands are always processed through the handset mic.