Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    See this TreoCentral story.

I know the size difference, if any, between various Treo phones has been discussed before (e.g. 650 vs. 700 vs. 750) but I can't recall a 750 to 755 comparison.

Anybody tried it?
    probably not. the oem palm 755 battery doesn't fit the 750.
    What ever happened to an OEM battery from Siedio? Even if it was only 1800mAh I'd be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by moderateinny View Post
    What ever happened to an OEM battery from Siedio? Even if it was only 1800mAh I'd be happy.
    We haven't given up yet, but it's been quite a challenge. Palm left very little room inside to do much of anything. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    I heard the reason they got a bigger battery was that they had extra space because there isnt a sim card under the battery. What I want to know is was it really worth it to put the sim under the battery if we had to take such a big cut in battery life? I never had a 650 but I thought I remembered reading about the sim card being at the top of it why change???
    Treo 755 probably got a bigger battery because CDMA phones are overall more thirsty than GSM. Etiher way you are right on. I don't see the marginal benefit of shrinking that battery.
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    We haven't given up yet, but it's been quite a challenge. Palm left very little room inside to do much of anything. We'll keep you posted.

Thanks
    Seidio:
    I ran across this eBay listing for a Seidio 1600mAh OEM-sized battery for Treo 750:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/614-Seidio-1600m...QQcmdZViewItem
    The Buy-It-Now price is $45.95 + $6.00 Shipping.

However, the description of the auction is for a 1300mAh. The BIN price is obviously more than the 1300mAh. So I'm wondering if you've started selling an OEM-sized 1600mAh battery for 750 now/soon?

BTW, it seems that the seller (khb_tx) is somehow affiliated with Seidio as there are a lot of Seidio items sold by them??
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    Seidio:
    I ran across this eBay listing for a Seidio 1600mAh OEM-sized battery for Treo 750:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/614-Seidio-1600m...QQcmdZViewItem
    The Buy-It-Now price is $45.95 + $6.00 Shipping.

However, the description of the auction is for a 1300mAh. The BIN price is obviously more than the 1300mAh. So I'm wondering if you've started selling an OEM-sized 1600mAh battery for 750 now/soon?

BTW, it seems that the seller (khb_tx) is somehow affiliated with Seidio as there are a lot of Seidio items sold by them??
    I checked again today and the auction for an OEM-sized 1600mAh battery for 750 is no longer found. Oh well.
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    how does the battery in the 700p compare to the 755. I have an 2400 battery for my 700 and want to know if I could still use it with a 755
    Quote Originally Posted by charliewat View Post
    ...I have an 2400 battery for my 700 and want to know if I could still use it with a 755
    While the 700 battery can be forced into the 755p, the clips don't match and the size is not the same so we definitely don't recommend it. We've designed a 2100mAh that fits in the OEM space or a 3200mAh that comes with a matching door.

Thanks
    I wouldn't buy anything from Seidio unless you're willing to risk losing your money. If you purchase a product and it turns out to be defective they won't honor the warranty. You can file for an RMA on their website but you'll never hear a word from them afterwards.

I'd say 75% of their products are junk. Sure they have some great ideas, but the execution of those ideas leaves a lot to be desired. I can't tell you how many of their products I've purchased that either didn't work the way it should or broke within a week or two.

When I think of Seidio, the word "Junk" comes to mind.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    While the 700 battery can be forced into the 755p, the clips don't match and the size is not the same so we definitely don't recommend it. We've designed a 2100mAh that fits in the OEM space or a 3200mAh that comes with a matching door.

Thanks
    Let's keep this on topic (for a 750 rather than a 755).. Seidio: how's the progress on an OEM-sized extended for a 750? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimster View Post
    ...If you purchase a product and it turns out to be defective they won't honor the warranty...
    Simply untrue.

If you have an individual issue where you think you were treated unfairly please email me at forum@seidio.com and I'll do my best to see that you're taken care of.

Thanks,

Seidio
    Let's keep this on topic (for a 750 rather than a 755).. Seidio: how's the progress on an OEM-sized extended for a 750? Thanks.
    Sorry it's taken so long, but the limited space has made it tough. We're hoping to have product available by the end of this month.

Thanks,

Seidio
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Sorry it's taken so long, but the limited space has made it tough. We're hoping to have product available by the end of this month.

Thanks,

Seidio
    Thanks. Please keep us posted. BTW, what mAh will it be?
    Thanks. Please keep us posted. BTW, what mAh will it be?
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! I can't release that information yet, but as soon as I can we'll post it.

Thanks,
    I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you! I can't release that information yet, but as soon as I can we'll post it.

Thanks,

Thanks for keeping us posted Seido. I wish palm was as diligent as Siedo in this regard.
    Last edited by JasonRM79; 07/07/2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: typo
    JasonRM79

Owner
    Palm m100
    Palm Tungsten E
    Palm Treo 650
    Palm Treo 750