Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    * Make sure you have a 3G SIM (it'll say "3G" on it, the one with the fireball is the latest version.)
    * Make sure AT&T knows you have a 750, make sure you give them the IMEI and they have your phone set up for a 750.
    * Log in to your AT&T account, view the features, make sure it says "UMTS compatible."
    * Call CS, and ask them to re-send the "Over the air" programing just to make sure this sim has the latest code and network list.

This battery problem sounds like it could be your phone thinking it's constantly roaming and continually searching for the home network, so it's using a lot of power on a frequent basis to do this.

The tips above may not fix your problem, but at least you'll know your provisioning is set up properly. And any one of those steps could fix this possible problem I mentioned.

This may have nothing to do with it, but this type of thing will cause fast battery drain.

Regarding data staying connected. Tap on the icon with the two tiny arrows and the U or G, and select "disconnect." If something is using data, it'll re-connect automatically and you'll see it.
    But just leaving it "connected" (and idle) uses no additional power if nothing is actually trasfering data, so no reason to obsess over the data not disconnecting.
    There are apps out there that will close an unused data session, but I don't remember which off the top of my head.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    It is my understanding that the phone stays in a higher power mode (and thus more battery drain) when the data connection is active ("connected"). I use GB Tweak to disconnect the data after 10 minutes of idle time to save battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes4 View Post
    It is my understanding that the phone stays in a higher power mode (and thus more battery drain) when the data connection is active ("connected"). I use GB Tweak to disconnect the data after 10 minutes of idle time to save battery.
    I have no proof, but I believe that's a complete myth.
    I see no difference in battery life with the data session open and unused vs. disconnected.
    Maybe when hopping from one cel site to another higher power is being used but I really think just staying in one place make no difference.

If it was really using high power the entire time the data session was open, my battery would drain a heck of a lot faster. But I can go a whole day connected, but not using data and see barely any battery drain, even on UMTS.
    On weekends my wife won't touch her 680 sometimes, yet it's 'connected' 24/7. It reads only a few % battery drain unused for an entire day.

I don't deny that maybe something is different that may have a small affect on power, but not to the point where one should obsess over disconnecting data between 15 minute intervals of checking email or something.

But if you use data like 3 times a day to manually check mail, it certainly isn't a bad idea to just tap on the icon and disconnect the data. It certainly can't hurt. I'm just saying that it's not going to change battery use by much.

But I really have no evidence to support my theory. What do I know really?
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paqmaster View Post
    I just tried the same using Resco Radio and the phone call came through right away.

Treo 750 on At&T
    Good to know. Have you tried using Windows Media Player? Also, what other settings should I change besides forcing it to GSM? Thanks.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12