1.    #1  
    Well, after using MobiTV for a couple of months...I was happy at first with their service. However, after awhile, I was tired of the limited channel lineup and the fact that only a handful of the channels are actually live. The audio was relatively low and sometimes garbled at times depending upon the signal. And once you lose the connection (due to signal fade out or call coming in) the application closes itself which is very annoying...

...and fast forward to today, I was able to pick up a Slingbox Tuner (buy.com for $90) and installed it today...very straightforward install and all I had to do was forward a port on the router...and we were off... well, what can I say? Slingbox kicks MobiTVs **** as far as video quality, framerate, and audio volume and clearity. It's amazing how good this streaming video is. I absolutely love it and now I can watch the local news channels on my way to and from work...

Don't get me wrong, MobiTV is a good application...but for the cost of $90 for a slingbox and no subscription...it's a no brainer for me.
    I couldn't agree more Tranman! Now that I have a Slingbox, I can't imagine using anything else for streaming TV.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Do you guys not get stuttering on your Treo while Slinging?
    Quote Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
    Do you guys not get stuttering on your Treo while Slinging?
    Not at all. I know there's a weak signal area around my house, where I sometimes get dropped or slingstream stops and continuous, but once I'm back onto a strong signal area I'm good.
    Slingbox plz
    ok guys so tell me how hard the SLing setup is at the house>? I am NOT techno man for anything other than Treos - I have the Verizon FIOS fiber optic internet stuff, and they installed the wireless router and all that. I mean, I am home networking clueless.

Tell me how challenging it is. Yes I've gone to the Slingbox website, and....still a bit fuzzy for me.

Give me the clue.
    There is no comparison between the two. NONE
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    ok guys so tell me how hard the SLing setup is at the house>? I am NOT techno man for anything other than Treos - I have the Verizon FIOS fiber optic internet stuff, and they installed the wireless router and all that. I mean, I am home networking clueless.

Tell me how challenging it is. Yes I've gone to the Slingbox website, and....still a bit fuzzy for me.

Give me the clue.
    Is your wireless router near your tv? If so, it is REALLY easy. You have the slingbox and connect the AV cables to your cable/sat box. Then you take the ethernet cable and plug one end into the slingbox and the other end into your router. Then you just go through the installation.
    Which model of Slingbox are you using?
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI