1.    #1  
    hey guys

Is it possible to upgrade the speaker above the screen since its not that loud. this is the only thing that makes me not want my treo. my blackjack is much louder than the treo but i love the treo.

i was thinking of trying to fit a nextel speaker since they are super loud and clear as a bell IMO. but i don't think it will fit. any ideas?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004ep3hatch View Post
    hey guys

Is it possible to upgrade the speaker above the screen since its not that loud. this is the only thing that makes me not want my treo. my blackjack is much louder than the treo but i love the treo.

i was thinking of trying to fit a nextel speaker since they are super loud and clear as a bell IMO. but i don't think it will fit. any ideas?

I am with you on that! I have posted a number of times for some sort of "hack' that will enable us to turn up the volume of the treo's ear piece speaker. I have a friend that just got the 755 from Sprint. He said he had to turn it down it was so loud. I returned my first 750 thinking that there was something wrong with it as I had the volume all the way up and still needed more volume. Now I just cram it into my ear and ask the person on the other line to speak up. I am not impressed with my $500 dollar phone.
    Yea does anybody know if palm is using the best speakers available ?
    or is it the amp ? What amp ? I don't know ! Don't ask me !
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by b00001 View Post
    I am with you on that! I have posted a number of times for some sort of "hack' that will enable us to turn up the volume of the treo's ear piece speaker. I have a friend that just got the 755 from Sprint. He said he had to turn it down it was so loud. I returned my first 750 thinking that there was something wrong with it as I had the volume all the way up and still needed more volume. Now I just cram it into my ear and ask the person on the other line to speak up. I am not impressed with my $500 dollar phone.

hmmmm

can you check your friends treo out and see if its any different with the volume control. i mean how can it be much louder than ours lol. what if we got a replacement speaker for a 755 then and used this instead? yea i do the same thing "can you talk louder!!!" lol. im like this sucks, one the best phones around and my old 8 year old nextel is 30x louder and crystel clear
    hey guys

I have an old Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9 coax I could sell you.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    I have an old Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9 coax I could sell you.

well it was a funny post but don't think that will work. i build circuit boards and such for a living right now so i know i can do this.. you may think its funny but i like to think there is a way to improve
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    well it was a funny post but don't think that will work. i build circuit boards and such for a living right now so i know i can do this.. you may think its funny but i like to think there is a way to improve
    I honestly think it is a software issue. When I first make a call and put the phone up to my ear, you hear the phone ringing the other phone, it is quite loud, then the next ring you can tell it is way softer. It is like there is some software overriding the volume of the headset and not letting us up the volume. WTF???? There has to be some registry entry that will up that default max volume!
    I completely agree. My treo is so low that I can hardly hear the other person on the phone in a noisy place.

Do you guys notice the same with the ring volume? When I preview the ring time or play music the phone is really loud. But, when someone calls and it ring, it seem like its half the volume. It has to be a software issue and there has to be a hack for it.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by b00001 View Post
    I honestly think it is a software issue. When I first make a call and put the phone up to my ear, you hear the phone ringing the other phone, it is quite loud, then the next ring you can tell it is way softer. It is like there is some software overriding the volume of the headset and not letting us up the volume. WTF???? There has to be some registry entry that will up that default max volume!
    the treo 680 has a app called volume control from what i learned but nothing for WM5. we need some of you good software engineers on this forum to make up a hack!