Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1.    #1  
    For some reason if I get a call while on a call and just ignore the beeping, once the second caller goes away I loose my speaker. I have to hit speakerphone on to hear them and then I can turn it back off. Anybody have this issue and know how to fix it. I have recently done a hard reset and the issue is still there.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by stemo76 View Post
    For some reason if I get a call while on a call and just ignore the beeping, once the second caller goes away I loose my speaker. I have to hit speakerphone on to hear them and then I can turn it back off. Anybody have this issue and know how to fix it. I have recently done a hard reset and the issue is still there.
    Known issue. Everybody except Palm seems to know about it (when I called Palm to report the bug they said they had no reports of it!). Although, there are complaints all over Palm's own support website about this. You'll find them if you search under "call wating". Actually, it's not a call-waiting bug, it's a "missed-call" and "add this unknown caller to contact list?" alert bug. When these alerts sound (or vibrate if set that way) when you are still on-line with the original caller, the original caller is lost. I turned off these alerts on mine.

    See thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143850

    To me, this is the most serious issue possible with any phone - loss of caller. Inexcusable, I think. After all, the primary use of the 700wx is the phone. Isn't it?

    -Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 06/07/2007 at 12:16 PM.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Known issue. Everybody except Palm seems to know about it (when I called Palm to report the bug they said they had no reports of it!). Although, there are complaints all over Palm's own support website about this. You'll find them if you search under "call wating". Actually, it's not a call-waiting bug, it's a "missed-call" and "add this unknown caller to contact list?" alert bug. When these alerts sound (or vibrate if set that way) when you are still on-line with the original caller, the original caller is lost. I turned off these alerts on mine.

    See thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143850

    To me, this is the most serious issue possible with any phone - loss of caller. Inexcusable, I think. After all, the primary use of the 700wx is the phone. Isn't it?

    -Frank
    Frank,

    I turned off those alerts like you mentioned and I am still having the problem. I have found that it is somehow related to the keyguard. I posted it at your thread but in short the keyguard kicks in aftger a call is ignored and then the screen kicks out. tell me if you notice that on your end.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    Frank,

    I turned off those alerts like you mentioned and I am still having the problem. I have found that it is somehow related to the keyguard. I posted it at your thread but in short the keyguard kicks in aftger a call is ignored and then the screen kicks out. tell me if you notice that on your end.
    Well, I always have the keyguard on and I have not noticed this. But who knows. All the possible scenarios that lead to this are hard to find. But the bug exists and it's a PITA.

    For folks that don't talk that much or receive lengthy incoming calls, they probably never notice this. I'll bet that covers 80 percent of the cell-phone crowd. You know, minimum voice plan, maximum Internet, music and ringtones, counting each minute.

    Since I use my phone for my IT business number, I keep enough minutes so I don't have to worry about being on hold for 10 minutes, or being on a 40 minute tech support call. Becuase of these longer calls, I see this bug. It doesn't happen unless you are on the phone long enough for the screen to go black before the new call comes in (2 minutes, by default). I guess it's just an easy bug for Palm support to ignore.

    Incidently, I don't think it's directly related to a black screen, per se. I tested by keeping the screen "alive" (hitting the space bar to keep it lit up), and it still occured if the new call came in after being on line with the first caller for more than 2 minutes. I think it's something to do with the timing logic, not specifically the black screen.

    EDIT!: After writing this post, I reread your post and decided to test the Keyguard (hadn't done that before). First I tested my (usual) fix (alerts tuned off) and I found that on my first test I still had the bug! I suppose maybe it's intermittent?

    Next, I tuned all the alerts back on (to their default settings) and tested with the Keyguard off. No bug!!! Geeze!

    I think you've got to the problem. I suppose it's the Keyguard! More testing later. But If turning off the Keyguard is a sure fix, that'll be good. I can live without that, if I have to. Thanks.

    Note: I have now done 3 consecutive successful tests with the Keyguard feature turned off. All alerts on. No bug. Hmm... I guess this is the real issue, aacnyc!


    -Frank
    Last edited by Frankxs; 06/08/2007 at 09:58 AM.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Incidently, I don't think it's directly related to a black screen, per se. I tested by keeping the screen "alive" (hitting the space bar to keep it lit up), and it still occured if the new call came in after being on line with the first caller for more than 2 minutes. I think it's something to do with the timing logic, not specifically the black screen.

    EDIT!: After writing this post, I reread your post and decided to test the Keyguard (hadn't done that before). First I tested my (usual) fix (alerts tuned off) and I found that on my first test I still had the bug! I suppose maybe it's intermittent?

    Next, I tuned all the alerts back on (to their default settings) and tested with the Keyguard off. No bug!!! Geeze!

    I think you've got to the problem. I suppose it's the Keyguard! More testing later. But If turning off the Keyguard is a sure fix, that'll be good. I can live without that, if I have to. Thanks.

    Note: I have now done 3 consecutive successful tests with the Keyguard feature turned off. All alerts on. No bug. Hmm... I guess this is the real issue, aacnyc!


    -Frank
    Frank,

    I agree that at first I thought it was related to the screen going dark, but too found that it happened after a few seconds of being on the call with out the screen going dark yet. That's how it led me to the keyguard, cause I just kept testing it to see a pattern.
    Only problem is I feel more 'comfortable' with the keyguard and I wish I could figure out why the keyguard is doing this. I wish Palm would do these tests and figure this out on their own.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    Frank,

    I agree that at first I thought it was related to the screen going dark, but too found that it happened after a few seconds of being on the call with out the screen going dark yet. That's how it led me to the keyguard, cause I just kept testing it to see a pattern.
    Only problem is I feel more 'comfortable' with the keyguard and I wish I could figure out why the keyguard is doing this. I wish Palm would do these tests and figure this out on their own.
    Yeah, agreed. I've been operating without the keyguard now for about 3 or 4 days and am totally convinced this is the issue. I've also done controlled tests about 7 or 8 times to verify this same thing. There is no bug without the keyguard.

    I noticed that without the keyguard there are only three keys that will "light-up" the phone. The Send key, hang-up key and windows Start menu key. That's it. Since I've been going without the keyguard I haven't actually had any issues with accidentally turning on the phone. Not as big of a deal as I had imagined.

    -Frank

Posting Permissions