1.    #1  
    OK, I have a Treo 700wx, and i am trying to run TomTom on it.
    It seems that most people hook up their Treo's to external GPS receivers.
    But as i understand it the 700wx has a built in GPS receiver.
    So here is my question is there any way to get TomTom to use the Treo's built in receiver?

Sincerely,
    JAK
    No
    The 700wx does not have a built in GPS receiver, you'll need to buy an external one. If the 700wx really did have built in GPS receiver, why would most of us be using external receivers?
    trev it really does have GPS on board..That pretty little icon next to the BT icon located in the carrier plugin.give it a tap.
    But once agian Jakk55......No tomtom can not use it
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    trev it really does have GPS on board..That pretty little icon next to the BT icon located in the carrier plugin.give it a tap.
    But once agian Jakk55......No tomtom can not use it
    Thanks, I finally found some more information, turns out the GPS is not "real" GPS, uses cell towers rather than satellites.

Next question: what is the cheapest GPS receiver that will work with the 700wx?

Also i have an etrex legend is there any way to hook that up to the Treo and use it as a receiver?
    I Picked up the i-Blue a week ago.Pretty good receiver with 30 hours of batt usage before charge is needed
    http://www.buygpsnow.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=509
    I have been using a holux 236 from ebay for about a year. Really quick satallite pickup. although if I was to do it again I would try out one of the SDIO GPS units. That way you don't have to worry about getting the bluetooth to connect or power for two devices.
    Last edited by stemo76; 06/07/2007 at 02:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stemo76 View Post
    I have been using a holux 236 from ebay for about a year. Really quick satallite pickup. although if I was to do it again I would try out one of the SDIO GPS units. That way you don't have to worry about getting the bluetooth to connect or power for two devices.
    But where would you store your maps? I guess maybe it might work if you use Telenav, but then if you don't have service, you can't get maps. Plus if you have an SD card, you have to switch them out whenever you want to use your GPS.
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I am using the Holux M-1000 with TomTom 6 and it works great. The US maps are a little less than a GB so I use a 2 GB card so I dont have to keep changing cards out.