1.    #1  
    Anyone know how to reformat the phone or delete all personal contect such as texts and contacts and calendar?
    Hold end call button and push stylus into soft reset hole at same time.
    I use the Palm device reset utility whenever I reassign or depot a Treo at work. It even resets the radio parameters, whereas the normal 'hard' reset does not.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...vicereset.html
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys. What do you think I could get out of my 700w with car/wall chargers pc cable and 2gb sd card?
  5.    #5  
    SO I did as you advised and rest the entire phone, sold the phone on ebay and now the buyer is telling me that Verizon is telling him he was sold a defective phone BAHAHA. What the hell is up with that?
  6.    #6  
    Anyone care to chime in with some pointers here to tell them to go shove it?
    what is he saying is wrong with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by HP10T View Post
    Anyone care to chime in with some pointers here to tell them to go shove it?
    Your argument is not with VZW. It is with the buyer. If you sold the phone "as is", tell him that's how it "is". Usually the only thing "guaranteed" is that it will not be DOA upon receipt. It is also not your role to provide tech support.

My guess is that the VZW rep told him that because he didn't know how to properly address the customer's questions. It's easy to say "oh... ebay?" "probably a bad phone".

-Frank
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2oo3 View Post
    what is he saying is wrong with it?
    He is saying that the phone feature won't connect to any network so he cannot dial the *228 to activate his service.
    does he have the phone off? tell him to hold down the end button
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2oo3 View Post
    does he have the phone off? tell him to hold down the end button
    Yea I told him to do that because he was too stupid to figure it out but he still says it doesn't work.
    Just tell him he needs to call verizon and ask for data tech support.

What did you get for it, if you don't mind me asking? I have a replacement 700w showing up from assurion tomorrow and since they wouldn't replace it with a wx, I thought I might sell it and pick up a used wx on ebay.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
  13.    #13  
    I only got 200 for it including car charger 2 wall chargers and a 2gb sd card