1.    #1  
    The finger interface on the HTC Touch (www.htctouch.com) seems pretty cool. It's like WM meets iPhone. It'd be cool to see if someone could replicate/port that over to the Treo 750 on a 240 x 240 screen. The device is pretty much a WM Professional device with this added UI.
    Nothing more than a gimmick IMO. Some of it is cool, but just an attempt to steal away some iPhone sales.
  3. wpy
    yeah... but its a great today replacement + launcher... like spb mobile. trojan is right! somebody port that over to our treo750!!! hehehe
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    HTC really wants to break out of its shell. The beauty of this technology is that HTC releases a new phone every 6 days and they can only make this technology better, as the iPhone is the iPhone and you probably won't see a new one all that often.

The fact that the screen is flush is nice, but I also enjoy a good keyboard. If it was 3G, I would have thought about picking one up. $600 for EDGE - I will pass.
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Quote Originally Posted by maevro View Post
    HTC really wants to break out of its shell. The beauty of this technology is that HTC releases a new phone every 6 days and they can only make this technology better, as the iPhone is the iPhone and you probably won't see a new one all that often.

The fact that the screen is flush is nice, but I also enjoy a good keyboard. If it was 3G, I would have thought about picking one up. $600 for EDGE - I will pass.
    Let Sprint and Verizon pick this up for CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Nothing more than a gimmick IMO. Some of it is cool, but just an attempt to steal away some iPhone sales.
    I agree. This technology just doesn't mesh well with the current design of Windows Mobile. Apple has the "one-up" on anything HTC can put out because it had the opportunity to design an interface from the ground-up with multi-touch in mind.

I have said it before, the HTC Touch attempts to put a dress on a pig.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Let's see how Photon does in response to the iPhone, maybe the interface will be a bit different.
  8.    #8  
    What's the Photon? I remember hearing that name floating around before and can't recall.
    Its Windows Mobile 7, with apparently new UI. People who had a preview apparently like it, but I am starting to believe too many people are too easily impressed.

Surur