1.    #1  
    Anyone else get email today about Deepfish? I just received a new activation number and DL link... I had forgotten all about this until just now...
    END OF LINE
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    I completely forgot about this. Let me know how it is. I signed up for the beta months ago...
  3.    #3  
    Will do -
    END OF LINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Alienwhere View Post
    Anyone else get email today about Deepfish? I just received a new activation number and DL link... I had forgotten all about this until just now...
    Care to share?
    I got one today.. and I have to say its very nice. There is a little lag time why it checks ur code and then requests the website ( because I think it has to pass threw MS's servers to get rendered?? ). All in all.. I love it. I cant wait till they can add CSS, javascript & AJAX support to the program.

-- Sal
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    A vast improvement over the prevous version. Still not enough touch-screen support (maybe that would have made it too much like the iPhone and thus open to legal issues from Apple's lawyers), but still, me likey!
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    A vast improvement over the prevous version. Still not enough touch-screen support (maybe that would have made it too much like the iPhone and thus open to legal issues from Apple's lawyers), but still, me likey!
    LOL. i just checked my old email i signed up for and didn't get one yet.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chunk View Post
    Care to share?
    Send me a PM if you want it. I'm not crazy about Deepfish. It's so counterintuitive right now...
    END OF LINE
    I've not received a notice either.
    can some one explain what it is. I want it and don't even know why. send it my way alienwhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    can some one explain what it is. I want it and don't even know why. send it my way alienwhere.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=_DnqSYMJisU

i just started using to it thanks to alien. it looks good takes some time to get used to.
    I got an activation code today also. So far I like it, it is the only browser so far that I actually will view full pages on instead of the mobile version.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I got an activation code today also. So far I like it, it is the only browser so far that I actually will view full pages on instead of the mobile version.
    yea and it renders the pages real fast. im going to be using this alot from now on. i hate how PIE messes with the HTML on google and gives you a text version. i finally figured out how to use it right now so its even better.
  14.    #14  
    I kind of feel like I don't need the pages rendered on my mobile device the way they do on a desktop. I don't see the point in trying to replicate that experience. It's never going to even come close, unless you're packing a UMPC anyway, and even then it's going to be a compromise. I think instead of trying to bridge the gap between mobile and desktop browsing, as the Deepfish team is attempting, someone should work on a mobile specific standard (I remember hearing about the next big thing, .mobi domains, but have yet to actually use any).

I don't have time when I'm out using my mobile browser away from my desk to sift through all the garbage on a page. When I'm at my desk, I can do that in fractions of a second, because I've trained myself to look for what I need on a page instantly. On a screen this small, I want only what I need. Not everything I don't also.

I realize the inherent difficulties in trying to down-convert sites successfully, especially now, given the richness of web media itself. And I do applaud MS Live Labs' willingness to try something new. But it's never going to be the same as using a desktop PC, and we shouldn't expect it to be.

I don't think that this is the best solution for mobile browsing. It is a step in the right direction, though, in thinking about what we need on that little screen at any given time...
    END OF LINE