1.    #1  
    a there any plugins for the today screen like spb phonesuite or phonealarm. both programs seem to screw with the backlight settings randomly dimming it. i just want a plugin that seperates and shows texts/mms/email maybe wireless manager or bluetooth. something simple that doesnt mess with profiles so my backlight doesnt weird out.
    Do a search on Treo Alert.
  3.    #3  
    good call forgot bout the new version thanks, it works for displaying each number broken down. although i miss being able to click the text icon and going to the text box and email to the email box. i still gotta use the messaging line with this to get to the inbox which kinda sucks.
    Last edited by klurfdawg23; 06/04/2007 at 09:36 PM.
  4.    #4  
    no-go treo alerts has the same effect as phonealarm and spb, randomly auto dims the backlight all the way down which is ANNOYING. took treoalerts off, fixed it on the spot so its not the phone obviously its fine now.

guess theres nothing, o well rather my backlight work properly
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    no-go treo alerts has the same effect as phonealarm and spb, randomly auto dims the backlight all the way down which is ANNOYING. took treoalerts off, fixed it on the spot so its not the phone obviously its fine now.

guess theres nothing, o well rather my backlight work properly
    no the dimming thing is one of only like three bugs i have with the wx. i will happen sometimes on some units no matter what your using.

you can bash phonealarm and phonesuite, but no bashing treo alert for this one. this problem was there long before you install treo alerts.
  6.    #6  
    lol sorry i know treoalerts is your baby, it a great program trust me. i agree now that i tried some things it started doing it again with none of those installed. just seems like more so when any of those kind of plugins are used but it could be in my head. i wonder why the dimming problem exists, its really really annoying almost makes me wanna get rid of my treo and get a 6800, well even more so.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    lol sorry i know treoalerts is your baby, it a great program trust me. i agree now that i tried some things it started doing it again with none of those installed. just seems like more so when any of those kind of plugins are used but it could be in my head. i wonder why the dimming problem exists, its really really annoying almost makes me wanna get rid of my treo and get a 6800, well even more so.
    I think you have something else going on with your backlight other than those programs... I've used all three on the WX with no backlight issues whatsoever, and have two coworkers who can say the same. I'm also a lurker in all the forums, and have never seen that issue brought up. Not saying you don't have a problem, but I would question the device or some other app causing a conflict... In fact I have SPB and phonealarm installed at the same time with no backlight issues... Plenty of issues with phonealarm, but my personal experience says that backlight on the wx isn't one of them. Just my 2 cents.
    I don't use any of the those and I never had any problems of the backlight dimming issues, unless battery power was low.