1.    #1  
    wtf is up with my treo. the brightness keep changing itself. every time i hit the red key to turn the screen off then back on its at its lowest setting?

i have everything in the backlight settings unchecked except the turn off after 1 minute but thats not for screen dimming. why is it acting so weird? i have no other programs controlling the brightness like profiles or anything....thought i remmeber this being a bug
    Is the charge full? This usually adjusts itself if the power is low.
  3.    #3  
    full charge nothing else weird
  4.    #4  
    hard reset and installed the same exact programs and reg edits and back to normal.

this may be a serious bug with the 700wx's i searched and many people experience this and there's no consistency they seem to happen at random with wm5
    Quote Originally Posted by klurfdawg23 View Post
    wtf is up with my treo. the brightness keep changing itself. every time i hit the red key to turn the screen off then back on its at its lowest setting?

i have everything in the backlight settings unchecked except the turn off after 1 minute but thats not for screen dimming. why is it acting so weird? i have no other programs controlling the brightness like profiles or anything....thought i remmeber this being a bug

Been happening to me for the past 3 weeks or so, thought I was hitting Shift-P by accident... not sure what is going on. Don't really want to do a hard reset....
  6.    #6  
    i took off spb phonesuite and it seems cured. seems anything that uses profiles is an issue on the 700wx with the backlight brightness, makes it change on its own
  7.    #7  
    yeh i took tried phonesuite, phonealarm and treo alerts and they all seemed to increase the amount my phone auto-dimmed itself down to the lowest setting. Its even still doing it after all those programs were removed and im NOT doing yet another hard reset with all the registry hacks i have.

Im getting real sick of this 700wx very fast with this bug its annoying to have it dimming every time you turn it on or right in the middle of doing something to the lowest backlight setting.

I dont think even swapping will help as lots of these have this happen
    I was searching for an answer to this problem and found this thread.
    Unfortunately, I have this same problem. The screen goes to the lowest brightness setting many times a day. I'm ready to throw it in a creek.
    Happened to me randomly a few months back. Hasnt happened since. Oh my quirky treo.
    Happens to me all the time. I wish there was a fix for it.