Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    So over the last few days I went from using PDANet regularly with no problems to it freezing my Treo sometimes within minutes on connecting via USB (not BT; it even crashed via the Sprint dial-up modem hack way).

    I finally tracked down (hopefully!) my instability issues: It was caused by taking my own advice here.

    Specifically, increasing "MaxConnectionsPerServer" to 25 and/or "MaxRequestThreads" increasing that higher than the default.

    I think having it too high overloads the device via PDANet and causes the freezing. What the threshold is I'm not too sure.

    Also, TCP Window Size (from 32768 to 98304) might also play a part.

    Can anyone else verify or corroborate?

    I'm at least back to a steady connection

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    So over the last few days I went from using PDANet regularly with no problems to it freezing my Treo sometimes within minutes on connecting via USB (not BT; it even crashed via the Sprint dial-up modem hack way).

    I finally tracked down (hopefully!) my instability issues: It was caused by taking my own advice here.

    Specifically, increasing "MaxConnectionsPerServer" to 25 and/or "MaxRequestThreads" increasing that higher than the default.

    I think having it too high overloads the device via PDANet and causes the freezing. What the threshold is I'm not too sure.

    Also, TCP Window Size (from 32768 to 98304) might also play a part.

    Can anyone else verify or corroborate?

    I'm at least back to a steady connection
    Mal,

    My connection speed on PDANet has been all over the place recently and I never thought this might be the cause. I dropped the MaxConnections & MaxThreads to 5 and it seems to be much more stable. If any other problems arise I'll post. Nice find!
    Last edited by fumblerooski; 06/03/2007 at 09:15 PM.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Mal,

    My connection speed on PDANet has been all over the place recently and I never thought this might be the cause. I dropped the MaxConnections & MaxThreads to 5 and it seems to be much more stable. If any other problems arise I'll post. Nice find!
    It might be placebo though...

    Sure enough after that post I'm still having problems with stability. Gah. I'll give the Moto Q some props for being extremely reliable as a modem whereas the Treo is a mess

    Hopefully I'll figure something out, but maybe this helps a little bit. lol

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. #4  
    Works for me...don't jinx it!
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  5. #5  
    I think you may be on to something. I don't use these hacks at all since I never noticed a difference when I first tried them. I have no problems with pda net or the sprint hack meathod. I don't use the sprint hack meathod since pda net version 1.73 allows me to answer incoming calls.

    good luck people.
  6. mugsy77's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #6  
    In ref to 1.73 PDANet for Verizon 700w, I never have gotten it to allow me to answer my phone calls if an Incoming Call comes in if I am connected via USB. It always rings once, twice tops, then disconnects the call. Any ideas? (I tried the setting Disconnect on Incoming Call both enabled and disabled, but it still occurs.
  7.    #7  
    Figured it out (for my situation at least).

    I can 100% of the time recreate the crash just by installing rlToday

    Doesn't matter what version (1.19-1.22b) it will choke when PDAnet is running and large amounts of data are coming though.

    I have no idea why that is, but after doing a hard reset and controlled installations, I can positively say that is a culprit for instability.

    I posted a bug notification for the developer. Not sure if anything will come of it.

    That really stinks as I totally need PDAnet but I really had a great skin going for that plugin. Other than that though, the plugin was rock solid.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter

Posting Permissions