Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    If you do a lot of texting with the Palm Messaging app and don't delete all of your old text messages it will bog down your device noticably. Try deleting any unneeded texts and see if that helps. It helped my device tons.
    Sling,

I did a soft reset. Taped the Mortscript file and tested. Same issue.

Thanks for trying. I don't want to take up all your time though. Probably conflicting with something else although I don't have much loaded.
  3.    #23  
    hmm yes there must be 3rd party conflict of some sort.As hannip stated he as many have this version loaded on there W and are not having the lack of reminder notification..very odd to have this outcome present on your device..
    Keeping this in mind it is a beta so dont look down at your device.There may be either users in the next couple days that run into the same issue then we can narrow down the problem and make the fixes needed.

Phil C
    backup, hard reset, and then reinstall. this could take 30 minutes to test this way. if it don't work just restore from your backup. i'll bet it works. spb backup has a free 5 restore points. very easy.

this is well worth the trouble figuring out if you ask me. plus it doesn't miss lead others users from trying the treo alert. right now it looks like nothing but a bad beta.
    hey blue.... have you installed the 6.2 lite version? did it work?

thay are the same scripts.... just the treoset is split in 2 parts. alertcontrol.mscr just writes to a different spot.
    6.2 Lite didn't work either.

I was thinking about a hard reset. If I do that I assume I have to reinstall the Daylight Savings Patch as well as the Palm update right?
    If you do a full backup, test TA, then do a full restore there is nothing you need to reinstall.
    Ok. I'll try tomorrow and post my findings.

Thanks all for all your help.
    Cody;

I tried to DL this, but can't......
    Are you hiding it???? I promise, I will sing the praises!

-Chris
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey hannip, i do delete the old texts, but with 6.2 full, 6.2 lite, and 5.8 installed between all of them 5.8 has the least noticable lagg...just was woundering what is the lagg from...5.8 to 6.2
    right on. with blue saying 6.2 lite didn't work for him either, I feel better. that means there is nothing wrong with the 6.2 full. it just blues treo.

sorry to hear that blue. hope you get it fixed.

hey blue pm me you email address. I have something I want to send you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    hey hannip, i do delete the old texts, but with 6.2 full, 6.2 lite, and 5.8 installed between all of them 5.8 has the least noticable lagg...just was woundering what is the lagg from...5.8 to 6.2
    I can't explain why you are seeing any lag if you have cleared out your texts. Both Sling and I have tested for performance of 6.2 and it is flying for us. I do not notice any improved speed with 5.8 over 6.2. The only real difference that might reflect on performance is that 6.2 uses a newer version of MortScript which has a slightly larger footprint of 10kb or so, but I wouldn't expect that to matter much.
  13.    #33  
    The 6.2 with mort version 4.0.1.12 is much more stable with outstanding speed so Ive found using the complete 6.2 lite version for over a week.Rino It may be that your device is allergic to TA.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    hey hannip i did try both lite and full and they both have that lagg...well the 5.8 does have a slight lagg but not as noticable as the 6.2's...and not enough to mess with fast typing as texting...but all in all i love what you all did to it making TA its own app...well hope this helps...
    i hate to say this but i did end up un installing TA because of the lag at fast typing... started missing letters and spaces... wasnt to happy about that even after i did a hard reset and that was the only app i installed it still lagged... then did another hard reset and put all my custom apps i had before and it was alot and still without lag... so i hate to say this guys because i love the app and appreciate all the time put into this app... it causes lag for me both lite and full versions.

sorry for the negative post...
    kr3st
  15.    #35  
    Not a negative post at all The 750 is an odd cookie f,sure
    Quote Originally Posted by kr3st View Post
    i hate to say this but i did end up un installing TA because of the lag at fast typing... started missing letters and spaces... wasnt to happy about that even after i did a hard reset and that was the only app i installed it still lagged... then did another hard reset and put all my custom apps i had before and it was alot and still without lag... so i hate to say this guys because i love the app and appreciate all the time put into this app... it causes lag for me both lite and full versions.

sorry for the negative post...
    kr3st
    you know. I have experinced this a few times as well. I have never figured out exactly what it is but I don't think it is an app. I use a bunch of apps and have used the same apps for a long time. every once in a while i'll have those days where tying is sloooow and missing letters. usually a soft reset and or a memory clean helps. sometimes I just hard reset and restore from a backup file. once I hard reset and then restore from a good backup everything is good to go.

the reason I don't think it is an app is I will reload a backup with the same apps on it and things will run better.

hope you figure it out.
  17.    #37  
    My treo works perfect with no lag at all.This may be the case because of my app selection.

Slinghann Treo keylight
    TomTom Navigator
    4SmartPhone
    Pocket screen capture
    SlingPlayer Mobile
    PHM Reg Editor
    MemMaid
    TA 6.2 Lite

Or because it,s a WX
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    750's are stupid... boo.. lol ill try and figure it out.
    Just wanted to give everyone a quick update. I attempted a hard reset and had a few issues. I am still playing around with things and will report back. I am 99% sure the TA is not the issue and that there is some sort of conflict with a 3rd party.
    How can I have this version replace my carrier line again like previous versions did? I like to have the TA line on top and with this version even when I select it as the first item on my toay screen it shows third under my carrier and contact lookup line.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast