Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    How do I get my Treo 700wx to split SMS messages into multiple messages?

It happened one time when I was typing - a "two messages" line came up. But I can't get it to happen again, and it stops me at 160.

I've had other Windows Mobile phones that split the messages without a problem.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I found that if I have a 159 character message, and then press enter it gives a message:

161/320 (2 messages)

Unfortunately it won't allow any more characters So I only get 161 characters.

It's as if they were developing the feature and never finished it. It also doesn't deliver the second message (the one character message) but shows and error.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NDworman View Post
    I found that if I have a 159 character message, and then press enter it gives a message:

161/320 (2 messages)

Unfortunately it won't allow any more characters So I only get 161 characters.

It's as if they were developing the feature and never finished it. It also doesn't deliver the second message (the one character message) but shows and error.

You should look at the first sticky....

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139379
    You should try to keep your message under 160 characters. Keep in mind, text message is SMS (Short Messaging Service). So you should try to keep it short. There are several problems than can happen if you go beyond 160 characters...

1. The person receiving the text messages may not have a good SMS package. Therefore, they will get charged for each SMS received. I'm not sure, but this may be true on the sender's end as well. Even though you send over 160 characters, the system will break it down and maye consider it as more than 1 SMS. Therefore, you may get charged as individual SMS messages as well.

2. Did you ever not receive an SMS message? Then imagine if the person does not receive the 2nd or 3rd part of your broken message or maybe the message is delayed.