1.    #1  
    Please check this thead on Treo700w/wx board:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=144472
    hi there...just installed...like qcaps this appears to break the keyguard..are you planning on a hold option to go from lower case to uppercase to the option key (e-E-1)? Trying it now posting this and it is really slowing things down and makig it very difficlt to type
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    tried this for a while, it is not bad, actually it is pretty good, it does break some features of ctrl key pro.

1. multi hook.cpl should be installed in order to use the keylock, ctrl key pro, and keycaps at the same time.

2. copy the mgbkls.lnk from \windows\startup to any other folder.

3. go to the setup page of the keycaps and uncheck the "enable on reset'.

4. go to the setup page of multihook and add the mgnkls.lnk to the list. make sure it is on the bottom of the list.

now you can try it.

feedbacks: 1. it broke the copy/paste/cut/select all features of ctrk key pro.

2. it does slow down the typing a little bit, but it is acceptable for me.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 06/03/2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I received an email about a month back from qcaps stating it was about to be released for the wx. However, it still isn't released, so I don't know when/if it will be released. They were having problems with the keyguard and were planning on releasing their own custom version to compensate.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    if you follow my procedures, there will not be keyguard problem.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    finally I uninstalled it.

some suggestions:

1. the copy/paste function in the kaycaps broke the builtin function of ctrl + a/x/c/v, which is not accepted. we use those commands everywhere, such as total commander, not just for editing. I suggest you get ride of it or use double click (or holding) the dot key (or other keys) to mimic the ctrl key. you may keep the undo command.

2. keycaps is designed to make typing faster, but the real situation is it slow down the system too much. it seems keycaps is looking for double click or holding all the time. scrolling down/up in total commander or ie has noticeable delay now.

keep working, and I am looking forward to new beta.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 06/03/2007 at 12:46 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I just installed this on my Sprint 700wx and am currently testing it. I used the multihook (thanks cellneuron) so my keyguard is not affected. This tool gives you the same functionality keycaps does on the palm Treos.

I tried a beta of Qcaps, but it did not work the same way as keycaps did. Qcaps would show a small popup of all the possible characters for a key when you held down a button. For example, in Qcaps, you hold down the "E" key and a little popup would appear that would cycle through "E" "e" and "1". This is not very efficient. I have MagicKBlite setup so that I hold down a letter and it gives the capital version. If I double click that same key it give the other character associated with it. As Borat would say...It's very very nice.

One issue I have run across is with the "Hold Down" setting. I have mine set to give a capital letter so its like the Palm keycaps. If I hold down "E" it often gives me "Ee" or "Eeee" if I hold down too long. I would prefer it if it would not do this or if a feature was added in for a post timeout value.

The only oddity I run across using the muti hook is that upon a soft reset, the MagicKBlite program settings is launched. I just click "OK" and it goes away. The MagicKBlite is not set to enabled on reset and there is not a shortcut in the startup folder...very odd.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/03/2007 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I just installed this on my Sprint 700wx and am currently testing it. I used the multihook (thanks cellneuron) so my keyguard is not affected. This tool gives you the same functionality keycaps does on the palm Treos.

I tried a beta of Qcaps, but it did not work the same way as keycaps did. Qcaps would show a small popup of all the possible characters for a key when you held down a button. For example, in Qcaps, you hold down the "E" key and a little popup would appear that would cycle through "E" "e" and "1". This is not very efficient. I have MagicKBlite setup so that I hold down a letter and it gives the capital version. If I double click that same key it give the other character associated with it. As Borat would say...It's very very nice.

One issue I have run across is with the "Hold Down" setting. I have mine set to give a capital letter so its like the Palm keycaps. If I hold down "E" it often gives me "Ee" or "Eeee" if I hold down too long. I would prefer it if it would not do this or if a feature was added in for a post timeout value.

The only oddity I run across using the muti hook is that upon a soft reset, the MagicKBlite program settings is launched. I just click "OK" and it goes away. The MagicKBlite is not set to enabled on reset and there is not a shortcut in the startup folder...very odd.
    You can go to the setting of the magicKBLite, and enable the "start on reset", close the setup page. Now go to \windows\startup, you will find the shortcut for magickblite, copy it out to anywhere. Go back to the setting of magicKBlite, and deselect "start on reset". Add the new shortcut to the multihook.

If those doesn't work, you can do something easy. Just make a shortcut to the magicKBLite.exe. Open the shortcut, add ",-start" to the end, save it.

As to the holddown issue, increase the time to 250ms.

Stroth, Does the keycaps slow down your system?
    Last edited by cellneuron; 06/03/2007 at 09:17 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    cellneuron, the 1st fix you suggested worked like a charm. When I look at the properties of that shortcut it created, I see the -start. Thanks for the quick response.

My wx does seem a little slower now that I have this installed. I wonder if this will have any significant impact on battery life.

On a sidenote, I also use AEButton Plus and it does not appear to have any negative interactions with it.

There is an option to disable certain apps with it. I have set it to disabled on Resco Explorer and the Dialer, but I can't tell if it makes a speed difference yet. I am trying to figure out how to disable it from working when on the today screen. I normally press down the "m" key to call my wife, but now it just gives me a "Mmmmm" instead.

EDIT: To disable it from working on the Today screen, you have to choose the apps to disable, add a new one and browse to \Windows\shell32.exe. This stops it from working on the Today screen, but still works elsewhere
    Last edited by stroths; 06/03/2007 at 09:55 PM.
  10.    #10  
    Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback.
    The first beta that slows down the system because it is printing logs.
    I've built a new build that will not print any logs when it is working. I think it will not slow down your system.
    And I've published our Hookmgr that is designed to supply stable multiple hook features.

Please download them here:

Thanks.
    I've downloaded and installed the new version as well as your version of the key hook manager. I'll post my comments in the main thread linked in the first post of this thread.

Main Thread
    Last edited by stroths; 06/05/2007 at 06:44 AM.
    How do I get a copy of this MagicKblite?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rshamie View Post
    How do I get a copy of this MagicKblite?
    In the first post of this thread:
    What exactly is the "timeout" and "delay" function?
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmybob View Post
    What exactly is the "timeout" and "delay" function?
    Timeout is how fast you must double click or how long you must hold down ^^

Delay is *(@$(*%(@ I can't explain in english, but I give you example;

The older version is without delay, so when you hold down, for example, button 'A' and you hold it too long your PDA will give you 'Aaaaaaaaa' (my seting holdown is for capital)
    So with delay set to 'forever' you can hold down button 'A' for the rest of your life, and your Treo will give you 'A' only

IMO Delay is a significant improvement

Sorry I can explain well in english

Regards,
    Hediyanto 82
    Thanks,VioZ. A very clear explanation.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks VioZ,

Your explanation is easier to understand than mine.
    Last edited by VioZ; 07/03/2007 at 10:08 AM.