Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MagiKB is a key hook utility. The lite version is able to increase your typing speed and fast the select/copy/cut/delete etc operations. The standard version has more features such as key launcher, task manager. Now the lite version is ready for beta testing. And the standard version is still under developing.

As a key hook, MagiKB may conflict with some other applications if they use a key hook too. Because Windows CE only supports one single hook at a time. This limitation is not a big problem, since there is another tool of ours called HookMgr which is under developing and it will allow multiple hook applications to run at the same time on Windows Mobile.

Now, please try the beta. You are entitle to get a free copy when MagiKB Lite is released if you report valid bugs or request features which are accepted by us. You may reach us at support@mobiion.com

Note that: This beta only supports Treo 7xx. Other device may not run properly because of different keyboard layouts. We'll release a key collection tool soon which will help us collect different keyboard layouts from different devices.

Enjoy.

Updates:
    Oct-1-2007: v1.1 Beta
    Supports any device now. But you have to make suitable layout file for your device by yourself. The CAB only includes a simple layout settings for Treo750v.
    Now supports two types of key codes: VKey and Char. Their differences are:
    1. Type vkey is often used when the key is not a visible char, for example Volume Up key, Left key etc.

2. Type char is used when the key produces a readable letter, for example a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and ~!@#$%^&*()_+

When use the vkey type, a faked vkey can be applied to it, so the key works like another key. For example, you can make key A act as key B.

If the char type is selected, there are up to 6 additional keys can be assigned to one physical key. For example, the A key on Treo750v can produce three letters: a, A and &.
    If we add three mappings to the layout file like these:
    a--
    A--
    &--

When we click A key one time, it produces letter a; double click it, it produces letter ; hold it down, it produces letter .
    And then we toggle the shift on and redo the steps above, it should produce letter A, and
    If we toggle the option on, it should produce letter &, and

July-13-2007:
    Adds a version which supports HTC 6800.
    Please note that it only maps alternative letters on A-Z keys.

Jun-28-2007: (v1.0 public release)
    1. Fixed a bug of Double Click
    2. Improved the application selecting dialog
    ===================================
    Hi, thank you all for the feedback and the kind help.
    The first release version has been done. Please download it in this post.

The following members are entitled to a free copy:
    cellneuron, alanbr, Malatesta, VioZ, matthew23, stroths, scottymomo, mervynle, JohnNaik, rshamie, jimmybob, 2sa, operators, volwrath, Gottria, westronic, psywzrd, levinda, netdale, stingjoel, eggmeng

Please send me a private message on this forum with your device owner and email address. I'll send you the unlock key ASAP.

Thanks again.

Other members who would like to buy, please use this 30% off coupon code: TCMEMBERS

https://www.mobihand.com/cart1.asp?posid=138&pid=12435

The coupon code is valid through July-6-2007.
    ===================================

Jun-22-2007:
    1. Fixed the typing issue when typing fast
    2. Add a new Hold Down mode: Cycle e-E-1
    3. Add a symbol ':' to the period key as an option letter
    4. Add a symbol '_' to the space key as an option letter
    5. Add a symbol '%' to the P key
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mygogo; 10/01/2007 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Version 1.1 Beta
    I Know somebody will write something to copy all ideas from ctrl key pro. Welcome onboard, and I am ready to test your standard version.

edited: we already have a solution for multihook in this board.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I think I am going to get a free copy, since I have found an important bug: the use of special characters using the keyboard via the Alt key does not work with MagicKBLite on the Treo 750. Even with Multihook, I have not been able to make it work. For example, it is impossible to type using the Alt key on my side. With Multihook it is possible, but as soon as the character is typed, the Treo hangs completely, requiring a soft reset. Am I doing something wrong or have I just been entitled to a free copy of MagicKBLite?

Regards,
    Alan
    Last edited by alanbr; 06/03/2007 at 11:41 PM.
    no problem using ctr key pro to input symbols.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  5.    #5  
    Hi Alan,

The cause of the issue is that the Alt application uses a key hook too, so after enabled MagiKB, it will not be able to work properly.

And the cause of the freezing of your device was because of Multihook. I’d tested it before. It usually caused my device to hang. So I’d decided to write a more stable one by myself. It is nearly ready and I am convinced that it works well on most occasions and almost not hang the device.
    Great news. Please let us know when the alternative to Multihook that you are writing is ready. I am really looking forward to it...
    This is a very nice app. Extremely small and efficient

Of course, the major thing it disables, due the "hooking", is the Keyguard so the new version of Mulithook will be nice to return this function. Otherwise it feels very natural on the system.

For those who don't know, Mobiion is the same group that makes "MagiCall" the call/sms filtering software, which is also extremely well coded for and is the best call filtering program for WM5/WM6, imo.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I am overall very happy with this program. Although, I am a bit disappointed that it overrides the keyguard. I always keep the phone in my pocket when I'm not at work and accidently dial people occasionally, especially the photo speed dial people on my today screen.

Is there a way to permanetly enable it again? Are there any 3rd party apps that would work?
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew23 View Post
    I am overall very happy with this program. Although, I am a bit disappointed that it overrides the keyguard. I always keep the phone in my pocket when I'm not at work and accidently dial people occasionally, especially the photo speed dial people on my today screen.

Is there a way to permanetly enable it again? Are there any 3rd party apps that would work?
    Well, that's the whole discussion above about "multihooks".

This app uses a hook into the KB and so does Keyguard, but there can only be one.

There is a solution but it's not very elegant and can crash the device so Mobiion has written their own solution, which will be posted soon.

Running both programs will allow you to do both.

This isn't a limitation of MagicKB per se but is just a matter of fact in WM. Also remember this is a beta/work in progress.

Check out post 3 of the thread below for instructions on setting up multi hook. I have it setup on mine and the keyguard works fine. Once mobiion releases their own version, I will switch over to it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...91#post1273791
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  11.    #11  
    Hi all,

Thanks for trying MagiKB.
    I've just made a CAB of our hook manager. It is simple to install and use. Just copy the CAB file to your device and install, and reset your device if needed.

It's not necessary to set up anything else.
    Let me know if you have any problem with it.

MagiKB Lite has been updated. Added two options for post delay. And there is a little bug in this version that will be fixed soon. The bug is Double Click may fail sometimes.
    Last edited by mygogo; 06/06/2007 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Moved HookMgr to the first post.
    Thanks for releasing these 2 files so quickly. I figure its probably not a good idea to have 2 key hook managers, so I deleted the old one and removed it from startup. I rebooted and installed your cab along with the newer version of magikblite. Your keyhook installed MGKeyInject.dll, MGKLoader.exe and MGKService.dll in my Windows directory.

First off, thank you for adding in the delay function I suggested for magickblite. What this does, for those not aware, is adds a user defined delay after the double click or "hold down" feature. I have my "hold down" set to produce a capital letter. The old version would produce the capital letter, but would also produce multiple trailing lowercase letters if you did not release the button fast enought (i.e. Eeeeee). That is no longer an issue. In addition, this new version retained the settings from the previous version. The keyguard seems to work correctly with your hook manager.

From what I can tell, the new version does not appear to slow down my Treo like the old version did. However, after I enabled magikblite and did a soft reset, my Treo went black (did not boot back up). I removed the battery and it booted back up. I tried a soft reset 2 more times and it rebooted fine both times, so it might have been an isolated incident.

I have some questions regarding your version of the keyboard hook manager.

1. Is there a control panel or a way to adjust its settings?
    2. With the key hook cell neuron provided, I could set it to automatically start magikblite for me. If I use the Magikblite in conjunction with your version, do I set magikblite to "Enable on Reset" or is there a way to let your key hook do that for me?
    3. Does your key hook work with other applications or does it just work with magikblite and the Treo keyguard? In other words, if I install another app that needs the keyboard like Cellneuron's ctrl key pro will it work with it as well?
    Last edited by stroths; 06/05/2007 at 06:40 AM.
  13.    #13  
    Hi stroths, thank you for the quick and detailed response.

My answers are below:

1. This version of HookMgr is a freeware. It just gives the system the ability to run multiple hook programs at the same time. It's too simple to have settings. But I'll write a commercial one which has advanced features such as changing hook orders, exception list etc, which is fully configurable.

2. Please tick "Enable on Reset" since HookMgr does not start MagiKB automatically.

3. Yes, it works with all key hook programs as part of Windows.

Regards
    For those curious, here is a screenshot of the MagiKBlite settings.

Thanks! I just installed the version. Everything works well. The one thing that I can't figure out is type works with two of the same latters back-toback ("cool") produces ("c"l) no matter what setting I set it for. Right now, I have it set at 150ms. Am I just trying to type too fast (I know that's why I am getting the symbol instead of the two o's. Is there a way to fix this?
    I am able to type "cool" correctly. I have my doubleclick setting to timeout of 200 and delay of 430. If I type the o's fast it will display a " like it should.
    maybe I just type too fast....I just don't remember having the same issue quite as bad with KeyCaps600 but maybe since I haven't used this functionality in awhile it just takes some time getting used to.

I still think it slows my treo down a bit though. But, the function outweighs anything else since it makes typing how it should be out of the box (IMHO).
    This beta version is much better than the old one. The only problem is that it disabled the builtin copy/paste/select all feature, which is must have for me. The slowing down problem is not noticeable now and scrolling is very smooth now.

Try to make the copy/paste/select all as optional, or just remove it.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  19.    #19  
    Hi,

Finally I've fixed the issue mentioned in my last post.

matthew23, you are right. Keyboard hook programs will slow down the device a bit. But if you install many programs especially today plug-ins and services, you will not be aware of it. (just a joke)

I think I should use "Enable in these applications" instead of "Disable in these applications". This option will not affect the device speed very much.

How do you think of my idea?
    Last edited by mygogo; 06/06/2007 at 10:46 PM. Reason: All attachments will only be updated to 1st post.
    maybe I just type too fast....I just don't remember having the same issue quite as bad with KeyCaps600 but maybe since I haven't used this functionality in awhile it just takes some time getting used to.

I still think it slows my treo down a bit though. But, the function outweighs anything else since it makes typing how it should be out of the box (IMHO).
    I set my Timeout for 100ms for "Capital E" b/c I type fast too...that seems to work for me.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast