Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789
    Is it too late to be a beta tester? I have an HTC Mogul (6800) so I'd like to test the customization. I just installed and configured the 1.1 beta and I'm having problems with a few keys.
    Registered user here....using it on my Treo 750, but tonight I'll load her on the Kaiser and let ya know how it goes.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Looking pretty good so far as now I understand how the whole keymapping things work, I can map the volume keys to up/down on the 5-way to use for scrolling which is great..only issue I have at the moment is that it's hanging when I attempt to set the apps blacklist...just a spinning wheel attempting to get the list of programs I believe...

EDIT -- After a soft reset, the list of programs came up rather quickly...
    EDIT 2 -- FYI for folks who don't read the entire thread, if you want to disable this in the today screen and while on a call), you'll need to browse for shell32.exe (it used to show up as "Desktop" as an app but I don't see it listed anymore) and add it to the blacklist...this is a great solution for using the volume up and down for scrolling in things like PIE while still retaining volume up down for TCPMP, WMP etc!

EDIT 3 -- appears MagiKB must still be running in order for the keyboard mapping to work. I exited the program and the keys (volume up/down) reverted to their normal behavior. Once I re-entered the program and minimized it, they worked correctly..perhaps will try after a soft reset.

Couple other notes:
    -- With the keymapping, it would be nice if you could edit ones you add rather than having to delete and readd if you want to make a change

-- I mapped Volume up and down on my 750 to page up and page down. When on the today screen (where it is supposed to be disabled), it is bringing up and changing the volume, but I hear two sounds (bip bip) and then the volume goes up or down one position and it's not fluid. When the keys are set to just Up and Down, it seems to work ok.

-- Any way of trapping the red power button on the 750 so we can actually have it turn off the screen and not go back to the today screen? This one might be a tough order and only is an issue on the 750s

Thanks!
    Last edited by scottymomo; 10/01/2007 at 04:13 PM.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Attached is my first attempt at the 6800 layout. I ran into a problem with the comma because its on the same key as the left arrow. Left arrow is vkey 0x25 which works fine. However, it you like holding down the arrow and expecting it to rapidly go back then you are out of luck. Therefore, I did not touch the settings for the left arrow. Instead, I added the comma to the 0 key. Therefore, that key now does the number zero comma and period. I couldn't really map out the semicolon either because its the option function of the winkey.

You must unzip the htc-6800.zip file to your pc so you will have htc-6800.lay. Copy htc-6800.lay to the \My Documents\MagiKB Lite\ folder on your 6800. Open MagiKB Lite and click Menu -> Keymap Files -> HTC-6800.

EDIT: For those wondering what the vkey codes are, check out this website http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb431750.aspx
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by stroths; 10/01/2007 at 06:21 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  5.    #165  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Is it too late to be a beta tester? I have an HTC Mogul (6800) so I'd like to test the customization. I just installed and configured the 1.1 beta and I'm having problems with a few keys.
    Not late. Version 1.1 beta testing has just begun.
    What problems are you having? Thanks.
  6.    #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Looking pretty good so far as now I understand how the whole keymapping things work, I can map the volume keys to up/down on the 5-way to use for scrolling which is great..only issue I have at the moment is that it's hanging when I attempt to set the apps blacklist...just a spinning wheel attempting to get the list of programs I believe...
    Thanks for the feedback. I think the hanging problem was becasue of out of memory. I will check my code today.

The service of MagiKB must be running in the background while the configuration program should be exited after configuration is done because it eats more resources. So just select [Menu]>[Close] to exit the configuration program without closing the service.

I noticed the two sounds bug just then. I will fix it soon.

It is difficult to trap the red key. The keyboard driver does not send keys to the system.
  7.    #167  
    The vkey type will delay a while if you want it to enter the alternative letter. MagiKB must determine what key should be sent when you press a key. Unlike the char type, the vkey type is not a letter, it cannot be deleted by sending a backspace, so MagiKB holds it until timeout. This may cause some delay.
    Does anyone have an overlay yet for the Kaiser? How different is it from the 6800?
    Quote Originally Posted by mygogo View Post
    Not late. Version 1.1 beta testing has just begun.
    What problems are you having? Thanks.
    I haven't been able to map the comma and semi-colon. Just like stroths said, they're the alt functions of the left arrow and Windows key respectively. I double tap for alt functions rather than hold, but I still couldn't get either key to work.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    I haven't been able to map the comma and semi-colon. Just like stroths said, they're the alt functions of the left arrow and Windows key respectively. I double tap for alt functions rather than hold, but I still couldn't get either key to work.
    The comma should be working. However the Windows key has a problem. Because Windows key is the vkey 0x5B, which is often combined with VK_APP1-VK_APP6. That means, when you press VK_APP1, the driver sends VK_APP1 and the Windows key as well. And my program does not work well with combined keys. I will try to resolve it in the future.
    Great app! I love it! Had to get it since it's so useful. Thanks for a wonderful app!

I would love it if there is a developer who can make a button launcher program (similar to Standalone's TypeRight for the Palm OS) where I can press and hold a QWERTY key and launch an app. I don't care if that breaks the normal WM association with the buttons. I just want to be able to have more ways to easily launch and run an app.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Search for cellneuron ctrl key pro.
    Thanks!
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
  14. tcs
    I have both MagiKB and Ctrl Key Pro running, but ctrl key pro is not working once MagiKB is running. Hook error. Any idea how to solve?
    Quote Originally Posted by tcs View Post
    I have both MagiKB and Ctrl Key Pro running, but ctrl key pro is not working once MagiKB is running. Hook error. Any idea how to solve?
    MagiKB shuts off when using Good (www.good.com). Any fixes?
    I just tried to use magikb again on my 750 running WM6 and it doesn't seem to work at all

was trying the beta version however in case that makes a difference
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    I cant get magikblite to work on my 700wx (vzw) with the wm 6 update.
    Any help would be appreciated.

I really miss this functionality
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Anyone else have the problem where the T automatically starts as a capital and you have to cycle it around to a small t which takes precision?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789