Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1.    #141  
    Thanks stroths.

I'll start to write the tool for collecting key-maps dozen days later.
    After that, multiple devices support will be added.
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by skreemer7 View Post
    thanks a lot for this program, I love it. The comma key would be the next thing I would like to see working, since thats the one I use the Fn keys for the most.
    It will be corrected with the next release intended to support more devices.
    Any update on this for the 6800? Love to see the 0 and , work. Great Job on it so far!
    I have problems too with green button....but it's intermittent...sometimes it can dial, but sometime it can't dial...FYI, I use Treo 700w.
    Hi there, mygogo.
    Just to inform u that i've upgraded my Treo750v to WM6 recently and MagicKBLite still works like a gem. Thanks!
  6.    #146  
    Sorry for being away for a long time.
    Now I am developing a new version. In this version, the key-mapping can be adjusted by users manually, so it will work on all devices.
    And I will try to fix the green button issue in this version.
    A beta will be available in two weeks.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Any chance of reopening that TC discount for those of us who missed the original beta testing?
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdalaw View Post
    Any chance of reopening that TC discount for those of us who missed the original beta testing?
    When the beta is ready, I will provide free licenses for beta testers.
    I'll be the beta tester ;-) this application help me so much.
    I also noticed that after installing, I can no longer use the action button to cycle between modes in picsel pdf viewer. It would be great if you could address this issue as well.
    Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mygogo View Post
    When the beta is ready, I will provide free licenses for beta testers.
    Cool. (Especially if I can beta test it. )
    I'd sure appreciate it if there were a page to include the relevant apps, rather than to exclude unnecessary programs.

I find it also slows my Treo.
    An excellent program. Just installed 15 min and hv the same exp as like as the keycap in my old Treo650. Good program and worth to pay after trail expiry.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    I also noticed that after installing, I can no longer use the action button to cycle between modes in picsel pdf viewer. It would be great if you could address this issue as well.
    I noticed that as well. I'm trying to see if I can solve it somehow. I'll let you know.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post

The bad news...

I have not been able to get the action mode toggle to work BUT

The good news....

I found that the enter key on the Treo keyboard also works to toggle the mode. This is not as ideal since Picsel can't be controlled with 1 thumb, but it can still be controlled easily with 1 hand.

Actually, I noticed that the updater 1.22 that installs picsel into the Treo 700wx ROM also seems to break the ability to use the action button (even with a fresh hard reset), but the version donloaded from the Palm site does not stop the center button toggle

In any case, for as often as I use Picsel, the enter key will be ok.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  16.    #156  
    Hi, the new beta has been delayed for some reason. I will try to release it by the end of this month.
    The mentioned bugs will be addressed after releasing this beta. Thanks.
    Count me in to be a beta tester again.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  18.    #158  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Count me in to be a beta tester again.
    I will.
  19.    #159  
    v1.1 Beta is available now. There are some small things that need to be improved later, such as the Assist Key icon on the Task Bar. It can be downloaded from my first post.

Any feedback is welcomed.

What's new:
    Supports any device now. But you have to make suitable layout file for your device by yourself. The CAB only includes a simple layout settings for Treo750v.
    Now supports two types of key codes: VKey and Char. Their differences are:
    1. Type vkey is often used when the key is not a visible char, for example Volume Up key, Left key etc.

2. Type char is used when the key produces a readable letter, for example a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and ~!@#$%^&*()_+

When use the vkey type, a faked vkey can be applied to it, so the key works like another key. For example, you can make key A act as key B.

If the char type is selected, there are up to 6 additional keys can be assigned to one physical key. For example, the A key on Treo750v can produce three letters: a, A and &.
    If we add three mappings to the layout file like these:
    a--
    A--
    &--

When we click A key one time, it produces letter a; double click it, it produces letter ; hold it down, it produces letter .
    And then we toggle the shift on and redo the steps above, it should produce letter A, and
    If we toggle the option on, it should produce letter &, and
    Last edited by mygogo; 10/01/2007 at 09:45 AM.
    Not sure I got all that, but going to go check it out!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast