Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    will do...if I can get to the program without deleting something by mistake!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by eggmeng View Post
    Sounds good to me, mygogo. Thanks in advance.
    By the way, will the current beta (22nd June) expire on 1st July?

Kudos for your GREAT contribution to the WM Treo community!
    The beta has served me really well so far. Not a single problem yet.
    Yes, it will. Thank you.
  3.    #103  
    Hi, thank you all for the feedback and the kind help.
    The first release version has been done. Please download it from the first post of this thread.

The following members are entitled to a free copy:
    cellneuron, alanbr, Malatesta, VioZ, matthew23, stroths, scottymomo, mervynle, JohnNaik, rshamie, jimmybob, 2sa, operators, volwrath, Gottria, westronic, psywzrd, levinda, netdale, stingjoel, eggmeng

Please send me a private message on this forum with your device owner and email address. I'll send you the unlock key ASAP.

Thanks again.
    Last edited by mygogo; 06/28/2007 at 02:47 AM.
  4.    #104  
    Other members who would like to buy, please use this 30% off coupon code: TCMEMBERS

https://www.mobihand.com/cart1.asp?posid=138&pid=12435

The coupon code is valid through July-6-2007.
    I sent my PM and recieved my registration code within 15 minutes. Thank you for the fast response and creating this app. When you expand this to other devices (i.e 6800/Mogul), will my license continue to work?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I sent my PM and recieved my registration code within 15 minutes. Thank you for the fast response and creating this app. When you expand this to other devices (i.e 6800/Mogul), will my license continue to work?
    I prefer not to change the unlock codes, it demands a lot of work for testing them.

Thanks.
    Thanks a lot..PM on its way... a couple questions/comments for you with this initial release (I'm using a 750):

1. Exit vs. Close in the app itself. If you choose exit, this disables the application, whereas choosing close does not. Seems like since you have a deactivate button as the left soft key, you don't really need Exit as a menu option. I initially chose Exit then quickly realized why the keys weren't working as I expected.

2. Is it possible the D-pad capabilities don't work the same way on a 750. If I have the Center button set as "Action Menu", I never actually get an action menu. I can click the shift key, use the dpad right/left to highlight text, but when I press the center button it just cuts the text, no menu to speak of...

Thanks again for this great app...on another note..any chance of doing something similar for Volume key scrolling where you can disable it in some apps otherwise use them as scrolling keys? There are some other workarounds to this but none have worked as well as it does on the PalmOS

8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Thanks a lot..PM on its way... a couple questions/comments for you with this initial release (I'm using a 750):

1. Exit vs. Close in the app itself. If you choose exit, this disables the application, whereas choosing close does not. Seems like since you have a deactivate button as the left soft key, you don't really need Exit as a menu option. I initially chose Exit then quickly realized why the keys weren't working as I expected.

2. Is it possible the D-pad capabilities don't work the same way on a 750. If I have the Center button set as "Action Menu", I never actually get an action menu. I can click the shift key, use the dpad right/left to highlight text, but when I press the center button it just cuts the text, no menu to speak of...

Thanks again for this great app...on another note..any chance of doing something similar for Volume key scrolling where you can disable it in some apps otherwise use them as scrolling keys? There are some other workarounds to this but none have worked as well as it does on the PalmOS
    Close means to close the configuration window without exiting the program while Exit means to quit the program completely. I thought some people would like to use Exit instead of Deactivate, so I added those two menu items.

To display the Action Menu, you have to keep the Shift key or the Option key holding down, for example by keeping pressing it or toggling it by pressing it twice. It is a system limitation I think, before MagiKB receives the key down event of the Centre button, the system automatically reset the key state of the Shift key and the Option key.

I'll have a try. I plan to add it to the standard version.

Thanks.
    Thank you very much. You have designed a much needed product.

1 queston. When you hold down the shift key +action button, I see three modes.

Can you explain what the following modes do and when one might want to use them?

Fast Moving Mode
    Letter Mode (Default)
    Word Mode
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by rshamie View Post
    Thank you very much. You have designed a much needed product.

1 queston. When you hold down the shift key +action button, I see three modes.

Can you explain what the following modes do and when one might want to use them?

Fast Moving Mode
    Letter Mode (Default)
    Word Mode
    Fast Moving Mode: To move the caret through words without selecting them.
    Letter Mode: To select text letter by letter.
    Word Mode: To select text word by word.
    I'm confused about the alt key....

it opens up the window for the symbols but I can't pick from them. How do you get a colon?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  12.    #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    I'm confused about the alt key....

it opens up the window for the symbols but I can't pick from them. How do you get a colon?
    Because the Alt key also acts as a "hook" program. Please install HookMgr to resolve the limitation of Windows Mobile which allows only one hook program to run at one time.
    Quote Originally Posted by mygogo View Post
    To display the Action Menu, you have to keep the Shift key or the Option key holding down, for example by keeping pressing it or toggling it by pressing it twice. It is a system limitation I think, before MagiKB receives the key down event of the Centre button, the system automatically reset the key state of the Shift key and the Option key.
    Yes, mygogo. I'm using Treo 750v and this works for me. Thanks.

Scottymomo, i'm pretty sure this should work for u too.
    yeah, it does. just didn't realize you had to hold down the shift key

Good day mygogo, i've already PM u my details.
    For your kind attention as my trial is expiring soon. Thanks once again!
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by eggmeng View Post
    Good day mygogo, i've already PM u my details.
    For your kind attention as my trial is expiring soon. Thanks once again!
    I've sent it to you.

Regards.
    I've sent it to you.

Regards.

Yes, i've received it. Thanks mygogo!
    Btw, how's the Pro version coming along?
    I'm looking forward to help beta-test it.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I've sent it to you.

Regards.
    I received my unlock code as well - thank you very much for that as well as for this awesome program!
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I think I may have discovered another bug. If you're on the Today screen and hit the green "call" button, it brings up your recently dialed #'s, etc. If you select one of those recently dialed #'s and hit the green button again to dial the #, it doesn't work - it just goes back to the Today screen. The only way to dial the # is by pressing the center of the D-pad - I know the green button worked as well before I installed MagiKB. I do have the HookMgr installed and everything else seems to be working ok so far. Can anyone else confirm that this is happening for them as well?
    I thought that was the way you were supposed to dial from recent calls list.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)