Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Very, very nice.

One suggestion: Change the word "Delay" to "Repeat after." I think this is more intuitive for its function.

I am confused over what the D-Pad tab settings do. If you can explain that, I would very much appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Ahhh...loving this feature. The double-click way was becoming tricky, lol.

Nice additions, definitely a must-have app.
    One other small suggestion on this one...in keycaps when you hold the key down it would cycle e-E-1, but then would stop at 1 and wouldn't restart the cycle..would like to see this do the same thing or give you the option
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    One other small suggestion on this one...in keycaps when you hold the key down it would cycle e-E-1, but then would stop at 1 and wouldn't restart the cycle..would like to see this do the same thing or give you the option
    yup, I noticed that too! I agree, put some brakes on the cycle e-E-1 setting, otherwise it becomes a trick of landing on the right one

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Is there any update on getting this app working with other devices? I just got an HTC Mogul (6800) and I miss having this functionality like I did on my Treo. I can provide info on the keyboard layout if you need it.
    Yes, I intend to support other devices. I will write a program after releasing the Treo version for collecting vital information of the device such as keyboard layout and individual keycodes.

Treo version will be released by July-1-2007 if there is no bug found.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Very, very nice.

One suggestion: Change the word "Delay" to "Repeat after." I think this is more intuitive for its function.

I am confused over what the D-Pad tab settings do. If you can explain that, I would very much appreciate it.
    Thank you. I will change that soon.

D-pad is used to quick select/copy/paste text. For example, if you turn on it by selecting "On (Shift is toggled)", then when the Shift key is being pressed or is toggled, you can use Left and Right key on the D-pad to select letters, or to use Up and Down to select lines. And if you also turn on the Centre button by selecting "Action Menu", when the Shift key is being pressed or is toggled, you can press the Centre key on the D-pad to display a context menu to copy/cut/paste text or to change settings.
  6.    #86  
    Thanks, Malatesta and scottymomo.

How about using "Repeat after" to add the brake.
    For example, if it is "Forever", then the cycle doesn't repeat, if it is another value, then the cycle will repeat after that time.
    I have a 6800 now so let me know what you need when the time comes around
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by mygogo View Post
    Thank you. I will change that soon.

D-pad is used to quick select/copy/paste text. For example, if you turn on it by selecting "On (Shift is toggled)", then when the Shift key is being pressed or is toggled, you can use Left and Right key on the D-pad to select letters, or to use Up and Down to select lines. And if you also turn on the Centre button by selecting "Action Menu", when the Shift key is being pressed or is toggled, you can press the Centre key on the D-pad to display a context menu to copy/cut/paste text or to change settings.
    Cool, thanks.
    I can't choose the symbol with dpad (up & down) after pressing alt button.
    Is this a bug? Thx.
    Thanks, Malatesta and scottymomo.

How about using "Repeat after" to add the brake.
    For example, if it is "Forever", then the cycle doesn't repeat, if it is another value, then the cycle will repeat after that time.
    yeah, that should work, I don't see any issue doing it that way.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    BTW: If "Delay" become "Repeat After" then "Forever" should become "Never."

This way it stays reasonably intuitive and makes sense.
    @mygogo

I ran the magickblite.exe on my 6800 and it partially works. The capital letters work, but not the special characters. I take that back...the special characters work, but they don't provide the correct ones.

The 6800 maps the special characters to different keys than the Treo does so it provides different characters. For example, the the special character on the "Q" key is "@" on the 6800 while it is apparently "\" on the Treo.

I suspect that you are going to add different keyboard maps for the different devices. Is there anything I can do to help get this function working on the 6800? It already works halfway.

Memory usage is at 3.9kb, so that's not bad at all. I don't notice any slowdown either.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/23/2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by stingjoel View Post
    I can't choose the symbol with dpad (up & down) after pressing alt button.
    Is this a bug? Thx.
    Hi, only the Shift key and the Option key are used with D-pad.
  14.    #94  
    Thanks, Malatesta and westronic, I've done it.
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    @mygogo

I ran the magickblite.exe on my 6800 and it partially works. The capital letters work, but not the special characters. I take that back...the special characters work, but they don't provide the correct ones.

The 6800 maps the special characters to different keys than the Treo does so it provides different characters. For example, the the special character on the "Q" key is "@" on the 6800 while it is apparently "\" on the Treo.

I suspect that you are going to add different keyboard maps for the different devices. Is there anything I can do to help get this function working on the 6800? It already works halfway.

Memory usage is at 3.9kb, so that's not bad at all. I don't notice any slowdown either.
    There are some other differences as well. For example, key codes of the Shift key and the Option key are different.

I'll provide a program to facilitate collecting such information. Thanks.
    Hey mygogo,
    THANK YOU for "reviving" the keycap feature in Treo7xx. :}
    I've installed the latest beta (22 june) and they're working fine on my 750v.
    I'll continue to monitor it over the next few days and post back issues if any.
    Btw is the target release date still 1 July?
    Most importantly, will beta testers get good discounts off the list price?
  17.    #97  
    Thank you, eggmeng.
    Yes, I'll release it by July 1st, 2007.
    Beta testers who cannot obtain a free copy can receive a 30% discount. How do you think of it?
    Thank you, eggmeng.
    Yes, I'll release it by July 1st, 2007.
    Beta testers who cannot obtain a free copy can receive a 30% discount. How do you think of it?

Sounds good to me, mygogo. Thanks in advance.
    By the way, will the current beta (22nd June) expire on 1st July?

Kudos for your GREAT contribution to the WM Treo community!
    The beta has served me really well so far. Not a single problem yet.
    Hi there, I've run into something 2 or 3 times now and I'm trying to figure out what's causing it and think magikblite may be playing some role.

About 3 or 4 times now, I've had instances where a key appears to be "stuck" in depressed mode (like I was holding it down) and you can't get it to "unstick" without doing a soft reset

For example, my screen was off and charging, I turned on the screen and it appeared that the "z" key was stuck as it was attempting to enter the letter z in the phone lookup screen and it kept cycling through the z-Z-* loop...I've also seen it with the "D" key (never a good thing if you hit the menu and D is for delete)...

anyone else seen anything like this? It's only happen a few times and not sure what actually triggers it to occur so I can't reproduce it at will. The only other thing I've installed recently was Phoneweaver.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Hi there, I've run into something 2 or 3 times now and I'm trying to figure out what's causing it and think magikblite may be playing some role.

About 3 or 4 times now, I've had instances where a key appears to be "stuck" in depressed mode (like I was holding it down) and you can't get it to "unstick" without doing a soft reset

For example, my screen was off and charging, I turned on the screen and it appeared that the "z" key was stuck as it was attempting to enter the letter z in the phone lookup screen and it kept cycling through the z-Z-* loop...I've also seen it with the "D" key (never a good thing if you hit the menu and D is for delete)...

anyone else seen anything like this? It's only happen a few times and not sure what actually triggers it to occur so I can't reproduce it at will. The only other thing I've installed recently was Phoneweaver.
    Next time when you have such problem, try to quit MagiKB Lite by selecting [Menu]>[Exit] to see if the problem is resolved. If so, it is a bug of my program. Thanks.