Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    I asked this originally but never got a response...are you planning on adding the capability for e->E->1 while holding down a key? I miss that from Keycaps
    That was a nice feature and would be nice for this program as well!

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    do a search for ae button plus. You can reassign the hardware keys for singel, double or long press. It works great for me and others here as well
    Yes, AE Button is a good choice for that.

But we need to a function as Favorites in 650-680.

What do you think to remaps ALL the buttons to launch speed dial or applications?
    (i.e.: press and hold "w" to launch Web or "m" to call Mary?)

I missed that since my old 650......
    And AE Button don't allows that.

For the problem to highlight more lines with up-down arrows......I'm sorry with you, mygogo....it' s a my mistake.
    It works perfectly.

But I have ever the problem to save correctly user settings after I've changed any value or closed the configuration window.

Thank you mygogo for your efforts.
    Last edited by operators; 06/08/2007 at 02:25 PM.
    Keep it simple, please. Leave all those bells and whistles to standard version.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  4.    #64  
    Hi all,

Thank you for the feedback.
    I have been developing new features and fixing the bugs. I'll get back soon with a new beta.

Features intended to add:
    1. Cycle letters: e-E-1 and e---- when holding down a key

2. Improving the original Alt key. That means short clicking the Alt key will display a short list with relative alternative characters according to the last letter before the caret instead of the original one which always dispalys a long list with all the characters on the top-left.

3. Keyboard shortcuts for cut/copy/paste using Alt+X, Alt+C etc and whichi users can choose to use it or not.

If there isn't technical difficulties, all features above will be added before the next beta.
    Has anyone had issues with this where letters get transposed when typing? I have noticed multiple text messages or treocentral posts where I type one thing, but I show something different. For example, I type "Hello World" and get "Hello Wrold". At first I thought it was just me, but its happened multiple times since I installed this and I rarely did this before.

I have also seen this happen with the space bar being transposed with characters causing sentences like "Hello see ho wthe character sget switched"
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Has anyone had issues with this where letters get transposed when typing? I have noticed multiple text messages or treocentral posts where I type one thing, but I show something different. For example, I type "Hello World" and get "Hello Wrold". At first I thought it was just me, but its happened multiple times since I installed this and I rarely did this before.

I have also seen this happen with the space bar being transposed with characters causing sentences like "Hello see ho wthe character sget switched"
    This has not happened to me.

My big problem is that I keep forgetting to pause between double letters, so I type "stuff" as "stu5"
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    This has not happened to me.

My big problem is that I keep forgetting to pause between double letters, so I type "stuff" as "stu5"
    Yep, that's a problem for sure. Too many words have double characters in them (stuff, good, bliss, etc., etc.) for double-clicking to be useful for character-entry.

I heartily endorse doing away with double-clicking characters to get special character entry.
  8.    #68  

This problem occurs when the typing speed is a bit fast. I've found the cause of it and have fixed it. Thanks.
    Its nice to know that it wasn't me causing the typing issues. When do you plan on releasing the next updated version?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  10.    #70  
    It will take some time, one or two weeks, maybe longer.
    Since I have got some difficulties of the Alt function.
  11.    #71  
    Update: The major one of the three difficulties has been resolved. I think the next beta would be available in two weeks.
    I repeat my request for button re-mapping. I should think it would not be very hard for you, and AE Button Plus does not work quite correctly with the Treo 700WX, and I see no signs of an update coming.
    Thanks mygogo; keep it simple and effective. AE Button Plus works great for my 750 and the developer is very easy to reach if you still have problems westronic.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    I repeat my request for button re-mapping. I should think it would not be very hard for you, and AE Button Plus does not work quite correctly with the Treo 700WX, and I see no signs of an update coming.
    Not to send this thread off topic, but AEB+ runs fine on the 700wx, what doesn't work? The volume controls? If so read cellneuron's hack list which explains how to work around that. Otherwise, I've had zero issues with AEB and as mentioned, the developer is very easy to get a hold of, ask questions and make requests (I think we even have thread here dedicated to its discussion).

Its nice to know that it wasn't me causing the typing issues.
    Yeah, I was seeing that too on my 750
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Not to send this thread off topic, but AEB+ runs fine on the 700wx, what doesn't work? The volume controls? If so read cellneuron's hack list which explains how to work around that. Otherwise, I've had zero issues with AEB and as mentioned, the developer is very easy to get a hold of, ask questions and make requests (I think we even have thread here dedicated to its discussion).
    I totally agree. I love AE button plus on the 700wx. No issues at all. For example, it turns the silly almost useless side button into a 4 in 1 function super button!

Also, I like the quick key task manager it comes with.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

I'll look into it.
  18.    #78  
    Updated:

1. Fixed the typing issue when typing fast
    2. Add a new Hold Down mode: Cycle e-E-1
    3. Add a symbol ':' to the period key as an option letter
    4. Add a symbol '_' to the space key as an option letter
    5. Add a symbol '%' to the P key

Because of a difficulty, the Alt feature has not been added (and will not be added in the future).

The latest file can be downloaded from my first post.
    Add a new Hold Down mode: Cycle e-E-1
    Ahhh...loving this feature. The double-click way was becoming tricky, lol.

Nice additions, definitely a must-have app.

Is there any update on getting this app working with other devices? I just got an HTC Mogul (6800) and I miss having this functionality like I did on my Treo. I can provide info on the keyboard layout if you need it.