Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I think that was it.....TA.ink?
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    ta.lnk would be your treo alerts. It should be MGKBLS.lnk
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    oops...found MGKBLS.lnk on the bright side though.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    OK, stupid question, but I think i want to run ctrl key pro AND magiKB. I currently have neither installed. Should I install hookmgr instead of the original ctrl key pro and then install cellneurons cab file and magikb? Thats what I think I am hearing. Thanks
    Im trying to figure out how to highlight text using the navigation pad and center button but I cant figure it out. Can anyone explain how to get this to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    .....I think i want to run ctrl key pro AND magiKB. I currently have neither installed. Should I install hookmgr instead of the original ctrl key pro and then install cellneurons cab file and magikb?
    Yes, correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by rshamie View Post
    Im trying to figure out how to highlight text using the navigation pad and center button but I cant figure it out. Can anyone explain how to get this to work?
    Press Shift+Right/Left to highlight and then Shift+Center to view pop-up (Copy, Paste, etc.).

Great application, mygogo.

Useful utility.
    If I press Shift+Down arrow,
    the entire line is highlighted.

But if I press another time, the second line is not highlighted....

Could it be useful in text files.
    (We have only "Select all" option)

No problems with Ctrl-key pro (finally.....).

Add Timeout and Delay options......fantastic ideas!

No problems with Alt-key (as in older version).

A little problem (or bug?):
    .dat file (in the root of MagiKB Lite.exe) is not ever update and saved with new user settings.

Why?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by operators View Post
    If I press Shift+Down arrow,
    the entire line is highlighted.

But if I press another time, the second line is not highlighted....

Could it be useful in text files.
    (We have only "Select all" option)

No problems with Ctrl-key pro (finally.....).

Add Timeout and Delay options......fantastic ideas!

No problems with Alt-key (as in older version).

A little problem (or bug?):
    .dat file (in the root of MagiKB Lite.exe) is not ever update and saved with new user settings.

Why?
    I can't reproduce it here. I am using a Treo 750v with HookMgr and Ctrl Key Pro.
    I guess it should be that you did not keep holding Shift when you press Down for the second time. If you want a one-hand operation, you can press Shift twice to turn on Caps Lock, and then use D-pad to select letters and lines.

The dat file is designed to save after you've changed any value or closed the configuration window.
    I have a problem with magikb that I just cant resolve. If I type fast I lose characters. It doesnt happen with just ctrl key pro running but as soon as I turn on magickb, i start dropping characters. Otherwise it seems to be a great app
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    I have a problem with magikb that I just cant resolve. If I type fast I lose characters. It doesnt happen with just ctrl key pro running but as soon as I turn on magickb, i start dropping characters. Otherwise it seems to be a great app
    Can you tell me how to reproduce it? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    Cool little program. But I now lost my ability to speed dial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Cool little program. But I now lost my ability to speed dial.
    add /windows/shell32.exe to the exception list.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by mygogo View Post
    Can you tell me how to reproduce it? Thanks.
    Well... I installed hookmgr, installed ctrl key pro cab, and ran magikb.

open up the messaging application or really any application and type something fast. Usually it is words I type alot so I have become adept at typing fast. Words like yo, cool, dude . if I type just a tad slower I dont run into the problem. its almost as if magikb cant keep up. I think that I have also had letters transpose themselves aka join becomes jion after typing. I currently have magikb at default settings although i have messed around with the settings.
    A couple of things:

1. It does seem to slow the device down (not a good thing - to already is not terribly snappy). This is inconsistent - sometimes a rather large effect, sometime fairly small.

2. Hookmgr works, but I had a heck of a time getting it going. First install did not correctly write to the registry. I had to re-install twice and reboot several times to finally get it working.

I agree that this is this way the device should have been delivered.

Suggestion: Do away with the numerical setting and make them something like a choice of "very short," "short," "normal," "long," "very long." This would be far more user-friendly.

I'll do some thinking on the terminology you are using in the setup screens. It's just not intuitive enough. If it helps any, try to think like a user who has never used any program anything like this - what terminology would work for that kind of user?

Finally, and obviously, package this up in a cab file. Of course I am sure you would do that for production even without my input.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    I've noticed that it can't keep up with really fast tying as well. For example, try typing the word "do" very quickly - all I get is the letter o. Now try deactivating the app and try again - it works perfectly.
    I asked this originally but never got a response...are you planning on adding the capability for e->E->1 while holding down a key? I miss that from Keycaps
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    To take my earlier suggestion one step further - perhaps you could implement the setting screen as I suggested and, if desired, also and "advanced" screen where actual values could be entered?

Also, I do not know if you can, but if you could also implement a more robust key re-mapping than comes with the device, that would be really helpful. It would be nice if the hardware keys (other than the regular keyboard) could support a click, double click and long press - and maybe some other key combinations, too, though anything two-handed is less useful perhaps. I can think of a number of ways that would be so very helpful.
    westronic, do a search for ae button plus. You can reassign the hardware keys for singel, double or long press. It works great for me and others here as well
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    westronic, do a search for ae button plus. You can reassign the hardware keys for singel, double or long press. It works great for me and others here as well
    Cool -thanks. I have been looking for that utility for a while, but did not know it existed.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast