Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 178
  1. 2sa
    2sa is offline
    2sa's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #41  
    I think that was it.....TA.ink?
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

    When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
  2. #42  
    ta.lnk would be your treo alerts. It should be MGKBLS.lnk
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3. 2sa
    2sa is offline
    2sa's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #43  
    oops...found MGKBLS.lnk on the bright side though.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

    When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
  4. #44  
    OK, stupid question, but I think i want to run ctrl key pro AND magiKB. I currently have neither installed. Should I install hookmgr instead of the original ctrl key pro and then install cellneurons cab file and magikb? Thats what I think I am hearing. Thanks
  5. #45  
    Im trying to figure out how to highlight text using the navigation pad and center button but I cant figure it out. Can anyone explain how to get this to work?
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    .....I think i want to run ctrl key pro AND magiKB. I currently have neither installed. Should I install hookmgr instead of the original ctrl key pro and then install cellneurons cab file and magikb?
    Yes, correct.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by rshamie View Post
    Im trying to figure out how to highlight text using the navigation pad and center button but I cant figure it out. Can anyone explain how to get this to work?
    Press Shift+Right/Left to highlight and then Shift+Center to view pop-up (Copy, Paste, etc.).

    Great application, mygogo.

    Useful utility.
  8. #48  
    If I press Shift+Down arrow,
    the entire line is highlighted.

    But if I press another time, the second line is not highlighted....

    Could it be useful in text files.
    (We have only "Select all" option)

    No problems with Ctrl-key pro (finally.....).

    Add Timeout and Delay options......fantastic ideas!

    No problems with Alt-key (as in older version).

    A little problem (or bug?):
    .dat file (in the root of MagiKB Lite.exe) is not ever update and saved with new user settings.

    Why?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by operators View Post
    If I press Shift+Down arrow,
    the entire line is highlighted.

    But if I press another time, the second line is not highlighted....

    Could it be useful in text files.
    (We have only "Select all" option)

    No problems with Ctrl-key pro (finally.....).

    Add Timeout and Delay options......fantastic ideas!

    No problems with Alt-key (as in older version).

    A little problem (or bug?):
    .dat file (in the root of MagiKB Lite.exe) is not ever update and saved with new user settings.

    Why?
    I can't reproduce it here. I am using a Treo 750v with HookMgr and Ctrl Key Pro.
    I guess it should be that you did not keep holding Shift when you press Down for the second time. If you want a one-hand operation, you can press Shift twice to turn on Caps Lock, and then use D-pad to select letters and lines.

    The dat file is designed to save after you've changed any value or closed the configuration window.
  10. #50  
    I have a problem with magikb that I just cant resolve. If I type fast I lose characters. It doesnt happen with just ctrl key pro running but as soon as I turn on magickb, i start dropping characters. Otherwise it seems to be a great app
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    I have a problem with magikb that I just cant resolve. If I type fast I lose characters. It doesnt happen with just ctrl key pro running but as soon as I turn on magickb, i start dropping characters. Otherwise it seems to be a great app
    Can you tell me how to reproduce it? Thanks.
  12. gottria's Avatar
    Posts
    319 Posts
    Global Posts
    741 Global Posts
    #52  
    Cool little program. But I now lost my ability to speed dial.
  13. #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    Cool little program. But I now lost my ability to speed dial.
    add /windows/shell32.exe to the exception list.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by mygogo View Post
    Can you tell me how to reproduce it? Thanks.
    Well... I installed hookmgr, installed ctrl key pro cab, and ran magikb.

    open up the messaging application or really any application and type something fast. Usually it is words I type alot so I have become adept at typing fast. Words like yo, cool, dude . if I type just a tad slower I dont run into the problem. its almost as if magikb cant keep up. I think that I have also had letters transpose themselves aka join becomes jion after typing. I currently have magikb at default settings although i have messed around with the settings.
  15. #55  
    A couple of things:

    1. It does seem to slow the device down (not a good thing - to already is not terribly snappy). This is inconsistent - sometimes a rather large effect, sometime fairly small.

    2. Hookmgr works, but I had a heck of a time getting it going. First install did not correctly write to the registry. I had to re-install twice and reboot several times to finally get it working.

    I agree that this is this way the device should have been delivered.

    Suggestion: Do away with the numerical setting and make them something like a choice of "very short," "short," "normal," "long," "very long." This would be far more user-friendly.

    I'll do some thinking on the terminology you are using in the setup screens. It's just not intuitive enough. If it helps any, try to think like a user who has never used any program anything like this - what terminology would work for that kind of user?

    Finally, and obviously, package this up in a cab file. Of course I am sure you would do that for production even without my input.
  16. psywzrd's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    #56  
    I've noticed that it can't keep up with really fast tying as well. For example, try typing the word "do" very quickly - all I get is the letter o. Now try deactivating the app and try again - it works perfectly.
  17. #57  
    I asked this originally but never got a response...are you planning on adding the capability for e->E->1 while holding down a key? I miss that from Keycaps
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18. #58  
    To take my earlier suggestion one step further - perhaps you could implement the setting screen as I suggested and, if desired, also and "advanced" screen where actual values could be entered?

    Also, I do not know if you can, but if you could also implement a more robust key re-mapping than comes with the device, that would be really helpful. It would be nice if the hardware keys (other than the regular keyboard) could support a click, double click and long press - and maybe some other key combinations, too, though anything two-handed is less useful perhaps. I can think of a number of ways that would be so very helpful.
  19. #59  
    westronic, do a search for ae button plus. You can reassign the hardware keys for singel, double or long press. It works great for me and others here as well
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    westronic, do a search for ae button plus. You can reassign the hardware keys for singel, double or long press. It works great for me and others here as well
    Cool -thanks. I have been looking for that utility for a while, but did not know it existed.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions