Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    my settings:

Enable on reset: checked
    Double Click Timeout: 100ms Delay: 430ms
    Hold Down Timeout: 150ms Delay: (Forever) ms

Seems to work alright so far!!! No bugs to report (with limited usage so far).
    Quote Originally Posted by mygogo View Post
    Hi,

Finally I've fixed the issue mentioned in my last post.

matthew23, you are right. Keyboard hook programs will slow down the device a bit. But if you install many programs especially today plug-ins and services, you will not be aware of it. (just a joke)

I think I should use "Enable in these applications" instead of "Disable in these applications". This option will not affect the device speed very much.

How do you think of my idea?
    I believe the blacklist is still better than whitelist, may be you can make it an option.

Good job. The uninstall window of hookmanager is still in Chinese, you may need correct that.

Will you consider remove the copy/paste/select all from lite version or implement it in a new way without taking the system builtin shortcuts (ctrl + c/v/x)? It is the only deal breaker for me.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I agree with cell...keep the blacklist....setting the programs you WANT it to work with might be a little cumbersome, especially as you add new programs. Just my thoughts.
    Trying to understand the fast editing tab...seems that the center button is acting like a carriage return? Can't seem to get it to highlight text...?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Everything about the program works great except it disables the ability to use Speed Dial from the today screen. For instance pressing and holding 1 for Voice Mail now does one of two things: If delay for Option:1 is set to forever pressing and holding 1 just sits there with one 1 in the field. If you change the delay to a number,the effect is to produce a string of 1's. Any chance of having the ability to disable when on the Today Screen?
    Treo 270, 600, 650, 700p, 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by mervynle View Post
    Everything about the program works great except it disables the ability to use Speed Dial from the today screen. For instance pressing and holding 1 for Voice Mail now does one of two things: If delay for Option:1 is set to forever pressing and holding 1 just sits there with one 1 in the field. If you change the delay to a number,the effect is to produce a string of 1's. Any chance of having the ability to disable when on the Today Screen?
    I added "Phone" and "Desktop" to the blacklisted apps and speed dial works.

Scotty, where did you find the option to blacklist the desktop? I had the speedial issue previouly and ended up blacklisting \windows\shell32.exe which works fine. However, I would still like to locate the Desktop entry.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Scotty, where did you find the option to blacklist the desktop? I had the speedial issue previouly and ended up blacklisting \windows\shell32.exe which works fine. However, I would still like to locate the Desktop entry.
    The Desktop entry is shell32.exe so looks like you're all set
    Phone entry is cprog.exe FYI

9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    I believe the blacklist is still better than whitelist, may be you can make it an option.

Good job. The uninstall window of hookmanager is still in Chinese, you may need correct that.

Will you consider remove the copy/paste/select all from lite version or implement it in a new way without taking the system builtin shortcuts (ctrl + c/v/x)? It is the only deal breaker for me.
    Thank you cellneuron,

I've not found the Chinese issue you mentioned. What did you see when you uninstalled it?

I am going to implement it in a new way. I am thinking how.
    Thank you cellneuron,

I've not found the Chinese issue you mentioned. What did you see when you uninstalled it?

I am going to implement it in a new way. I am thinking how.
    It is the dialog which asks if you want to restart now after the uninstallation of hookmanager.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  11.    #31  
    Thanks cellneuron.

That dialog is part of Windows. On my Treo750v, it is in English.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks cellneuron.

That dialog is part of Windows. On my Treo750v, it is in English.
    That's strange. I didn't see Chinese either. I just saw four square empty space in the spaces of "yes" "no".

Update: Forget about it, I installed it and uninstalled it again, it is in English now.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 06/05/2007 at 09:38 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Nice program :-) Thank you for sharing!

I noticed that it clashes with PowerText of CtrlKeyPro. No matter which one of my predefined PowerText I choose, it will now enter "v" instead...
    I would like to test out this software. How do I get a copy?
  15.    #35  
    Hi all,

Good news, I've updated the MagiKB Lite which is thought to not conflict with Ctrl Key Pro any more. I've tested on my device. It works.

It can be downloaded from the first post. Thanks.
    What, exactly is the "timeout" and "delay" function?
  17.    #37  
    Delay means the amount of time that elapses before a character begins to repeat when you hold down a key.

Timeout for double-click means the amount of time that can pass between clicks when you double-click a key.

Timeout for hold-down means the amount of time that elapses before an alternative character associated with a key can be input when you hold-down the key.

Hope my answer can help you.
    Hi all,

Good news, I've updated the MagiKB Lite which is thought to not conflict with Ctrl Key Pro any more. I've tested on my device. It works.

It can be downloaded from the first post. Thanks.
    You Da Man! Thank for you the quick fix

Tested it on my device and now CtrlKeyPro power text works!

BTW, I noticed that even though the pull down to set double click and hold only goes down to 150, one can actually enter 100. This is good as 150 is not good enough for double click, 100's better.

Thank you again for sharing!
  19. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Tried this program and it is not bad...but I have since removed it and now everytime I soft reset or backup I get a error message looking for MagiKBLite....I have searched my desktop and Treo via Resco and can not find a trace of it left....suggestions? It is starting to become annoying.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Did you check \Windows\startup?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast