Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    is there a way to get pushmail with comcast and if so how do you do it..
    i'm trying of having it check for mail every 60 min and never disconnect from the server
    Quote Originally Posted by esf215 View Post
    is there a way to get pushmail with comcast and if so how do you do it..
    i'm trying of having it check for mail every 60 min and never disconnect from the server
    i think you want to pull mail from comcast. push mail is done not from an email provider, but from a server or hosted server like 4smartphone or mail2web.

how do you know it's never discoinnection from the mail server?
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My bad i meant to say that my vision stay connect.. not really the mail.. It's using my data service right?
    Why don't you want your Treo to disconnect from the server? Not doing so will drain the battery faster.

I have Comcast, but I don't use their email. But I was wondering if Comcast allows email forwarding? If so, then why not look into getting Push Effect?
    On a side note. Anyone know why it takes a few minutes to check comcast email? Why such a long lag time? Anyone know a hack for this?
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by VibrantRedGT View Post
    On a side note. Anyone know why it takes a few minutes to check comcast email? Why such a long lag time? Anyone know a hack for this?
    It is because the inbox defaults to SSL and comcast doesn't support it. So you have to turn it off. I know that the option is in the program tweaks2k2.net. I am not sure what the registry hack for it is but if you install the demo, it will only work 3 times, but the hacks will still stick even after the trial is expired. So download that program and there will be an option labeled "Force SSL off in inbox" and that will fix your problem. As far as push mail is concerned. I am using pusheffect along with the above mentioned hack and it works great!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    i was told you couldnt set it up.. How did u you do it.. I have havent to check my mail then having to disconnect from vision..
    I went to comcast's website and logged into webmail and then once you are in your webmail box then look down the left hand side and you will see "options" click on that and then click on "mail forwarding" and that is where you will type in the address that you are supposed to forward to pusheffect. if you are with sprint, it will be yournumber@messaging.sprintpcs.com and then set pusheffect to monitor that account and then you are good to go.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    how do you set push effect to monitor?.. sorry but i'm new to this.. Is that a website site or something you're help is appericated
    You need to configure Comcast to forward to your phone...
    Example: 3124562789@vtext.com

AT&T: AreaCode+Mobile@mobile.att.net

Verizon: AreaCode+Mobile@vtext.com

Nextel: AreaCode+Mobile@page.nextel.com

T-Mobile: AreaCode+Mobile@tmomail.com

Sprint: AreaCode+Mobile@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Cingular: 1+AreaCode+Mobile@mobile.mycingular.com
    Once you install PushEffect, you can configure which email on your device, you want to have automatically downloaded. Keep in mind, you have to have Comcast already configured and working in pocket Outlook, since PushEffect uses it.

For more info on PushEffect, go to...http://qorefunctions.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    It is because the inbox defaults to SSL and comcast doesn't support it. So you have to turn it off. I know that the option is in the program tweaks2k2.net. I am not sure what the registry hack for it is but if you install the demo, it will only work 3 times, but the hacks will still stick even after the trial is expired. So download that program and there will be an option labeled "Force SSL off in inbox" and that will fix your problem. As far as push mail is concerned. I am using pusheffect along with the above mentioned hack and it works great!
    See my post #6 from this http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=106821

I have provided the steps on configuring Comcast email and modifying the registry. However, if you have other email accounts that require SSL, then they will not work.

Cheers,
    Tony