1.    #1  
    I searched and only came up with coreplayer that plays AVI files. Too bad there isnt any trial download to see if it works or not. Also when I watch a video clip with WMP it lags...is it normal for the 750 to lag?
  2.    #2  
    anyone?
    Try TCPMP. Should be a free version around, try mytreo.net

Haven't installed it in a year or so, so I can't be more helpful, but it should be all the info you need
    TCPMP is the best free player around. And many will tell you it is better than any commercial player too. I use it for music, pictures and video.
    Treo 750 - Cingular/ATT
    Do you not like the windows media player? Or does the mobile version not play AVI files? If the case is it doesn't play them, then you can convert the AVI file to WMV by using Windows Movie Maker which is a free program and should be on your computer as long as it's a PC. It's actually a pretty decent program, I use it for compressing videos for the web all the time.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    I was using Imtoo to convert videos and they were playing well on my 750. I never even thought to use WMM, thanks for the idea Wookie!
    Palm 650 > Nokis 6682 > HTC 8125 > Nokia e62 > BB Pearl > Samsung Blackjack > HTC 8525 > Treo 750 & HTC Trinity
    Not a problem, it's a pretty user friendly program. After you import the video file, then you need to grab it and drag it down to the timeline at the bottom. Make sure that you are looking at the Show Timeline view (only one row of information), not the Show Storyboard (3 rows of information). Somtimes when you drag a video down and it's in the Storyboard view, it will only recognize the audio. Then click on save to my computer, name it and choose a location, then on the next page for the Other Settings, you can select which kbps you want. I usually go with the Video for Broadband (150 kbps). It formats it for 320x240 but it still looks good and has 15 frames per second. You can go with the Video for Broadband (340 kbps) which has 30 frames per second but I prefer the smaller file size of the 150 kbps and it's pretty smooth. You can test it out and save the video twice, one at 150 and another at 340 and see which one suits you better. On a side note, you can also create slide shows with music. For a free Windows program, it's actually pretty cool.
    i once downloaded tcmp a few months ago and uninstalled it. it was so bad and the videos froze, got cropped off, crashing the treo.

There's always a possibility the program i downloaded was a bad one? Oh well. media player works just fine.-

Anyone have a link to a tcmp player that has been proven to be working?? (once i got burnt, I don't want to mess around with it again unless I know it's a good copy)
    Lance
    http://www.aslmentor.com
    (my avatar means "I love you" in sign language.
    --------------------------
    PalmIII->Sidekick I-->Sidekick II -->Sidekick III and now Treo 750 which blows them all away.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    i once downloaded tcmp a few months ago and uninstalled it. it was so bad and the videos froze, got cropped off, crashing the treo.

There's always a possibility the program i downloaded was a bad one? Oh well. media player works just fine.-

Anyone have a link to a tcmp player that has been proven to be working?? (once i got burnt, I don't want to mess around with it again unless I know it's a good copy)
    Install it again. But before you use it, go to Options>Video>Video Driver> and pick "GDI", or "Raw Frame Buffer." For some reason the ATI Imageon decoder which is the default causes problems. I think you can use "Direct Draw" also. Any of those 3. I've used all 3 and they all seem to perform about the same.
  10. oo3
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    divx now has a pocket pc player. it's almost as good as coreplayer, but good enough to play movies without the lag.
    Quote Originally Posted by oo3 View Post
    divx now has a pocket pc player. it's almost as good as coreplayer, but good enough to play movies without the lag.
    Hey, thanks for the info. I didn't know about this one. It looks like V0.8.
    http://www.download.com/Pocket-DivX-...5.html?tag=pub