1.    #1  
    Hi there,

Anyone know of a reg entry that stores the camera's current measured light level?

Would like to see if I can "port" the Brightcam app over to WM via Mortscript.

For those not familiar with Brightcam, it adjusts your screen backlight intensity/brightness and keyboard backlight brightness based on light conditions measured by the camera..so if it's bright out the screen is brighter and the backlight on the keyboard is dim or off and in darker conditions the screen backlight is dimmer and the keyboard backlight is brighter.

Was poking around the registry but didn't see anywhere where this info was stored.

Thanks!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    Hi there,

Anyone know of a reg entry that stores the camera's current measured light level?

Would like to see if I can "port" the Brightcam app over to WM via Mortscript.

For those not familiar with Brightcam, it adjusts your screen backlight intensity/brightness and keyboard backlight brightness based on light conditions measured by the camera..so if it's bright out the screen is brighter and the backlight on the keyboard is dim or off and in darker conditions the screen backlight is dimmer and the keyboard backlight is brighter.

Was poking around the registry but didn't see anywhere where this info was stored.

Thanks!
    Scotty, very COOL idea!

But as someone who has spent many hours scanning the registry for changes during different conditions, I don't think such as beast exists (maybe a different story if the video cam is active and recording).

I use ssnap to look at this stuff. The key to using it is getting the right version and setting up the .cfg file to only snapshot the registry (otherwise it spends forever scanning the files on your treo).

Download here: http://s-k-tools.com/freeware/ssnap.zip
    Copy over the "0.9(unsupported)/ARM/ssnap.exe" version to your treo.
    Copy over the attached .cfg file to your Treo root directory.
    Then just run ssnap.exe.

FYI, I just tried this with the lens pointed toward a light source and then with my finger covering it, and the only difference I observed in the registry are the "Time" values.
    Attached Files Attached Files