1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

Is it ok to restore my back up to my replacement 700w? or should I just go ahead and install fresh to the replacement? Thanks.
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    I've restored to replacements before and have been just fine, but other times I have had problems. Your best bet is to just try it and then if you have problems, hard reset and install everything one by one.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    As long as it's the same exact type of phone (700w to 700w, 700wx to 700wx and not 700w to 700wx or vice versa), you should have no problems. I've done it many times myself and have never had an issue.
    The only issue you may have are apps that go off the device ID. You may need to re-register them.

I have had many many replacement 700w's and have always used my backup "image" I have since been upgraded to a 700wx and started from scratch. Still on my first wx and loving it
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ebedoun View Post
    The only issue you may have are apps that go off the device ID. You may need to re-register them.

This is definitely true. I've had to get new keys for my SlingPlayer Mobile so many times it's ridiculous. You would think Palm could get it right after all these years but they continue to put out lemons.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies. It looks like I have to call sling for the new key then.

As far as the problem I had with 700W was that it would power on windows, but it's phone function wouldn't power on at all (signal icons are X's).
    Palm Treo 700W with Verizon PDATP Plan.

Palm Treo 700WX w/ SERO plan

Love both
    sometimes my sprite backup screws up the first time and I need to run it again. It's rather sporatic.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    While I'm upset that I had to get a refurb, I am impressed with how well Sprite has worked. It took me about 2 minutes to get the new phone set up and another 2 minutes for me to download my info using Restore. I popped in my card and away it went. (Sling did install but I had to add my registration code.)
    Last edited by Souljer; 06/08/2007 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Additional Info