Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Does NVbackup work on the treo 700wx? if not what backup programs are available and which ones are free?
    Sprite Backup should have come on your Palm CD. If it didn't, there are no freebies.

Sprite Backup and Sbp Backup are two of the best available for the WM platform. There are others, but the two I listed are the most robust and well known.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  3. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    You can download a copy of Sprite at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...kup/index.html but you will have to give them the Serial Number of your device.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Yea, SPB Backup IMO is the best. Never had any problems with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarDogg View Post
    Yea, SPB Backup IMO is the best. Never had any problems with it.
    Definitely. It's much better, IMHO, than Sprite.
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahan View Post
    Definitely. It's much better, IMHO, than Sprite.
    Why do you say that? I have never had an issue with Sprite on any device including the 750.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    SBP is a ton better. I have mine scheduled to do a complete back up every morning to my storage card. I usually keep three back ups just in case one is corrupt. Hard Reset? No problem, complete restore in seconds.
    ATT History- From 1997-2001-> Nokia 6362->Motorola StarTac->Nokia 8260.

Nextel History From 2001-2004-> Motorola i1000-> Motorola i90c-> Motorola i95cl-> Motorola i730->Motorola i850.

Sprint History From 2005 - Currently->Sanyo 5500-> Sanyo 5600-> Sanyo-> 7400->Sanyo 8300->Sanyo->7500-> Sanyo 9000->Sanyo 8400->Sanyo M1->PPC-6700->Treo 700wx->PPC-6800(Mogul)-> Motorola Q9C-> Treo 800w-> Curve->Treo 800w->Touch Pro->Treo Pro> Curve "M"->HTC Hero.
    Doesn't sound much better to me. Sprite can do the same things. Perhaps the free version that comes with the Treo is a limited version. I purchased the personal edition and it does everything mentioned above.

Having read the reviews and of Sbp and being a long time user of Sprite I can say the are both about equal.

Can someone say otherwise?
    Last edited by JGold; 06/01/2007 at 07:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Can someone say otherwise?
    I guess I can't really say otherwise. I haven't given Sprite the same time I've given SPB. I did install Sprite, and I didn't like the interface at all. Maybe that's why I didn't give it as much of a chance.

If you can schedule backups, do complete restores, and partial/file restores with Sprite, and if it works 100% of the time, then I guess it's just as good as SPB. I also liked the SPB Today Plugin when I had my PPC6700 -- it helped me to remember to do backups more often. However, with the limited screen of the WX, I don't use that plugin anymore, so I guess that's no longer a "selling point" for me.

I'd install Sprite and check it out more, but SPB does everything I need it to do, and it's already installed and working perfectly, so there's just no point.

So, I'll retract my earlier statement saying that SPB is much better than Sprite, and just say that I'm 100% satisifed with SPB, and I didn't care for the interface of the Sprite application.
    Treo 650 Cingular -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Treo 700p Sprint -> PPC 6700 Sprint -> Treo 700wx Sprint