1.    #1  
    http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdg810.htm#sdio%20gps

My boss just bought this GPS receiver with a 2 Gb MicroSD card.

He has a 700WX with Verizon, and I have one with Sprint.

I remember when I first set it up, it took me a while to get it to work properly, but it finally did.

Now all of a sudden it won't read the MicroSD card. The GPS portion still works fine, but it won't read the card. Memory shows that there is no card installed.

I'm not sure if this is a driver issue...since it seems like I had to look all over their website for the current drivers, or if it is a hardware issue.

If I try it in my phone, I get the message that there is not enough memory to load the driver, even though I have 21+ Mb Storage and 32+ Programs free.

Has anyone else used this receiver? Any ideas on things to try?
    Are there any new developments on this? Iím thinking about getting their SD sized GPS for my 700w.
    mindfrost82, have you tried performing a soft reset before inserting the card? I use an SD Wi-Fi card and I receive the same message at times when I insert the card, which is resolved after I perform a soft reset.

alfonso2501, ever consider a BT GPS? This way, you can use an SD card to store maps.
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I did a soft reset numerous times. I contacted SpecTec and did some troubleshooting. I will be exchanging this unit because apparently the card reader portions seems to have gone bad.

I will report back with the new unit and see if it runs into the same problem.

alfonso2501: I have a separate bluetooth unit for my phone, but my boss wanted to go this route. I like having the larger (4Gb) SD card, but it would be nice to be able to use it all as one unit instead of having a separate GPS unit.
    I actually want to use the Spectec SDG-810 with the A-DATA 3-in-1 SD card. That way I could simply swap out the micro SD card when Iím using the spectec GPS in the car. Itís just an idea anyway. Cash is tight right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
    http://www.spectec.com.tw/sdg810.htm#sdio%20gps

I remember when I first set it up, it took me a while to get it to work properly, but it finally did.

midfrost82, would you mind telling us how you set up your Treo 700w to work with the SDG-810 ? Thanks in advance.