1. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I have my Treo 750 setup to receive email from Earthlink and from my office email address. Both are POP3. I receive emails on the 750 just fine. However, when the messages get wiped off the Earthlink server and office server, the next time my 750 checks in it clears the previously downloaded emails.

I've looked through other threads addressing this issue but none of those solutions work for me. I've tried the "recent:username@isp.net" solution. Palm even addresses this on their knowledge base and their solution, to receive headers only, does not work. Does anyone else still have this problem? Are there any other solutions?

Many thanks.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Just to clarify: you have deleted the emails from the server, but you want them to remain in your 750?

BTW, the "recent:" trick can only be applied to GMail. When GMail POP3 service receives a login request with "recent:", it would let you download all the "recent" emails regardless if they are read or not.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  3. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks for your reply, webedc.

I don't actually delete the messages from the server. They are loaded into Outlook on my office computer and taken off the server. But in answer to your question, yes, I would like the messages to remain on my 750 once they have been loaded there.

I didn't have this issue with my Treo 600.
  4. REC
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    One work around is to change your Outlook settings to hold the messages on the server for 30 days OR until they are deleted from Outlook.

This is what I used to do until I migrated to exchange and it worked well.
  5. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, REC. That is a definite work around. Until an actual solution pops up, I may have to resort to this.
    Jeb, on your 750 couldn't you create a folder like old mail and move the message from the inbox to this folder? I would think this way it would keep it on your phone regardless with what you do in outlook on your desktop. Only thing is you would probably need to keep an eye on how much mail you keep in this folder as it may eat up memory over time.
    By the way, to do this open up the email account on your 750, go to menu-tool-Manage folders. Press and hold on the email account name at the very top (it should be the very first thing listed ex. Comcast). When the little box pops up, click new folder, name it and then click ok. Then go to the email you want to move, press and hold, then select move and then select the new folder you just created.
  8. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I appreciate the suggestion, wookiee2cu! That's a REALLY good work around. I may do just that.

I hope that an actual solution is in the works. Seems kind of silly that we would have to resort to these kind of ideas when the emails shouldn't be disappearing in the first place.
    I first complained of this months ago. And I have never been presented with a workable solution.

I never had this problem with any of my other Treos. And it didn't happen on the 750 at first, but started a few weeks into my ownership.

The problem with Wookie's workaround is that sometimes you don't get access to the downloaded e-mails to save before they are wiped out by another e-mail check.

I have tried to save messages in a "SAVED" folder, and that works if you get to them before they disappear, but I'd still prefer them to stay in the Inbox like they do in regular Outlook, and like they used to before.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToonFan View Post
    I first complained of this months ago. And I have never been presented with a workable solution.

I never had this problem with any of my other Treos. And it didn't happen on the 750 at first, but started a few weeks into my ownership.

The problem with Wookie's workaround is that sometimes you don't get access to the downloaded e-mails to save before they are wiped out by another e-mail check.

I have tried to save messages in a "SAVED" folder, and that works if you get to them before they disappear, but I'd still prefer them to stay in the Inbox like they do in regular Outlook, and like they used to before.
    i know. it is a strange request that the few people still pretending the 750 is a good phone can't seem to understand.

imagine if you logged into your desktop at work and your email just vanished? and then someone said "just move them to such and such"

eff that. a "smart" phone that can't even keep emails in the "inbox"? and they don't even go into the deleted (which would be pain enough) but just vanish into WM hell
  11. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Actually, I've been quite happy with the 750. However, this is a very annoying problem that I wish Palm would recognize and take care of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeb View Post
    Actually, I've been quite happy with the 750. However, this is a very annoying problem that I wish Palm would recognize and take care of.
    I'm not even sure it's a Palm problem. The 750 didn't do it for the first few weeks I owned it.
    Volvo-driving, Sushi-eating, Latte-sipping Liberals Against Stereotypes.
  13. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    True. It may be a WM5 issue that hopefully WM6 will rectify.
    True. It may be a WM5 issue that hopefully WM6 will rectify.
    I was in a CingATT store today for a long time for a push email issue and they told me that they found a *related* problem in their database about disappearing emails and after swapping the device it solved the issue.

So you might want to call warranty and get an exchange (maybe the new 750 with silver number keys...).
  15. Jeb
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Did they give you a new 750 or a refurb? I may have to stop by the local Cingular store and ask around. It's hit or miss whether you run into anyone who knows what they're doing...........
    Did they give you a new 750 or a refurb? I may have to stop by the local Cingular store and ask around. It's hit or miss whether you run into anyone who knows what they're doing...........
    You will get a new device within 30days of purchase in store, after that you will most likely end up with a refurb and can not get it from the store anymore (mailed).