1. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    This is puzzling....I have managed to screw up my call settings somehow. Effective this morning, I can take calls but not hear the caller. They can not hear me either. The last thing I have done was load my first movie and play it via TCPMP this morning....(Shrek is great on the Treo btw) I think I need to slow down on the mods, tweaks and apps for a while or start backing up daily vs. bi-weekly. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

update....I restored from earlier backup and I can now.....
    From the Treo:
    Hear while in speaker phone mode only

From the other end:
    Hear the Treo in regular mode and Speaker phone mode

Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?
    Did you by any chance use a plug-in headset to watch the movie (or for anything else for that matter)? Treo's are famouse for their flukey headset jack, sometimes the phone acts like the headset is still plugged in. If you have used one, try plugginf the headset back in, and either pulling it out fast, or wiggling it a bit on the way out. If this is not the case for you, I do not know what it is, so I hope this helps!!
  3. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    yes I did....coupled with the stereo adapter.

Give my suggestions a shot then, it may clear it up. If the problem persists though you may want to look into a replacement from Palm or your cell company (if your still covered) if not, maybe keep a spare jack in your pocket. My first phone started that, and would every once in a while go silent on me, I had to replace it, and use BT for everything now.
  5. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    That was it....I had the headphones plugged in when I recieved a call earlier....pulled them out to take the call and that is when the problems began. I took your suggestion and things are working smoothly now. I do appreciate the help!! Bluetooth is something I would like in the future.

I am glad it worked for you, it really threw me when it happened. BT is the way to go, I am looking for a well priced stereo one now, but all I use for hands-free is BT!!
  7. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I have been looking at http://store.treocentral.com/content...1814.htm...not sure if they would work with a WX or not. Maybe with a app download or two.

Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sa View Post
    I have been looking at http://store.treocentral.com/content...1814.htm...not sure if they would work with a WX or not. Maybe with a app download or two.
    You might want to search the forum before you buy those because I believe some users were having issues with that headset.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I have seen mixed results on that myself, There is an entire thread on this headset a bit below this one (next page already I guess),

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143706

I am looking at the Jabra BT9010 myself.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=143161

Most BT devices are met with mixed results with the WX unfortunately. All I can say is 'if you find one that works....stick with it'!!!