Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #1  
    I've noticed that when I make a call and I put the phone up to my ear, the call will end shortly thereafter. I thought my cheek was hitting something on the touchscreen so I locked the touchscreen during calls and the phone call still ended. Then I went in and turned off the options that turned off the backlight and keypad lights after a certain time. That seems to have worked, but I'm not sure I want to keep my phone on all the time running down my battery. Am I doing something wrong or is that's what's happening? If it's dropping calls, then that sucks and I'm not going to be happy. Thanks for your input.
  2. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #2  
    Well I guess it's dropping calls due to bad coverage. It's funny too since I have a tower not too far away from my house. Oh well I guess I'm just stuck with a phone that won't allow me to connect to the internet. I've already done one exchange and they only allow one within 30 days so that's that. And to think I only wanted a phone/pda that worked. I was going to exchange this one for a sanyo m1 or a samsung m610.
  3. #3  
    Call Sprint and tell them about your problems. If you argue hard enough, they'll let you replace your phone.
  4. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    Call Sprint and tell them about your problems. If you argue hard enough, they'll let you replace your phone.
    And they did. I got a Sanyo M1 for $99. Not too bad and finally a phone that will work, I hope. It's not a treo, which is what I wanted, but don't really need. I was told that treo's were bad, but I wanted to have one anyway.
  5. #5  
    How do you lock the screen during phone calls? My ear has a pension to turn my bluetooth on/off and sometimes my whole phone
  6. #6  
    Just an idea
    Put a check in the (Disable Touchscreen) box - While on call in today screen.
    It's located in your keyguard settings.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuyForeva View Post
    Well I guess it's dropping calls due to bad coverage. It's funny too since I have a tower not too far away from my house. Oh well I guess I'm just stuck with a phone that won't allow me to connect to the internet. I've already done one exchange and they only allow one within 30 days so that's that. And to think I only wanted a phone/pda that worked. I was going to exchange this one for a sanyo m1 or a samsung m610.
    It seems like you got a bad WX.Im sure sprint would have swapped you out a new wx but hey hehe if a sanyo m1 can get the job done for you..good deal.I heard they were hunks a junk though.
    Good luck
  8. #8  
    The M1 is actually a great phone. It's not a powerhouse phone like the Treo, but for a phone that is just a phone, and a music player that's used occasionally, it's great.
  9. #9  
    I've just recently started having the same issue as the OP. Before I never really noticed it, but now it seems to be dropping calls more, especially indoors. I've been complaining to Sprint, but I thought it was because of bad coverage. When I compare my RSSI of my 700WX and my wife's Sanyo MM-9000, its within 2dB, and usually the 700WX is better.

    I know its not the touchscreen, I've tried it with that disabled and on. It'll make a little noise when the call drops, and sometimes the bars will go down to none, otherwise it'll be at 1 or 2 and seem to stay there. Even if it goes to none, it never says it loses service. As soon as the call ends the signal goes back to where it was.

    My bars and RSSI has always been around the same, but it just seems to be dropping more calls.

    I'm WAY past my 30 days, but I do have insurance. I don't want a refurb though, and I don't want to pay the $50 or whatever it is to replace it.

    I might try a hard reset if I get really desperate. I don't think it ever happened before my last hard reset.

    Even if it is coverage, it doesn't seem like the Treo holds a signal well in a poor coverage area.

    Has anyone else has this issue? When it drops the call its like a "doo doo" noise. I don't know how else to explain it lol. If you go into your notifications, it makes the "Alert Beep" noise, I just saw that lol.
  10. #10  
    Have you guys noticed this 'dropped calls' problem to happen when another call comes in and you ignore it.
    I ask because many others, including myself have a problem, which would seem like a dropped call but it's not. with us it is the phone cutting out the mic and the speaker and the screen but the call is really still connected, even though it seems and looks like it is not. what we have done is we hit menu or the red power button, then we toggle the speaker button on and off and the call is still there. there are a few threads on this. if this is your issue then I can post those links for you guys to join and chime in.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    Have you guys noticed this 'dropped calls' problem to happen when another call comes in and you ignore it.
    I ask because many others, including myself have a problem, which would seem like a dropped call but it's not. with us it is the phone cutting out the mic and the speaker and the screen but the call is really still connected, even though it seems and looks like it is not. what we have done is we hit menu or the red power button, then we toggle the speaker button on and off and the call is still there. there are a few threads on this. if this is your issue then I can post those links for you guys to join and chime in.
    I never had that problem with another call coming in. Call Waiting has always worked fine for me. When mine dropps a call, I hear the Alert Beep tone, then the call is gone.

    I actually think I found something that helps the problem. A while back I turned the Beam settings to always allow incoming beams. I read somewhere that changing that setting might help the bluetooth pairing problems with this phone.

    I just turned it off last night and it hasn't dropped a call since then. I just tried it at my office and I had 1 bar and was on my voicemail for about 5 minutes without it dropping. The bars even went down to none while I was on that call and it still held the call just fine, it wasn't even garbled.

    I'll report back in a few days about this issue to see if it helped or if it was just a coincidence.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Just an idea
    Put a check in the (Disable Touchscreen) box - While on call in today screen.
    It's located in your keyguard settings.
    Thanks a bunch, that did the trick. Now my ears won't mess up my calls! Like I said, it was probably a quick fix.

Posting Permissions