1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm not sure whether this question has been asked before, but is there a way to configure the keypad light on treo 750v? i find that the light is switched on for too short a time and would like to synchronize it together with the backlight timing : as long as the backlight is on, the keypad light will be on. any idea whether can this be done? thx
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsley76 View Post
    Hi, I'm not sure whether this question has been asked before, but is there a way to configure the keypad light on treo 750v? i find that the light is switched on for too short a time and would like to synchronize it together with the backlight timing : as long as the backlight is on, the keypad light will be on. any idea whether can this be done? thx
    You need a registry editor but the key is;

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]
    "QKeyLedTimeout"=dword:0000000A

This is the registry setting. Default is 10 seconds (0xA). Increase it to lengthen.

Joe
    And while you are there you might want to adjust your keylight brightness. I have mine set to...

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\BackLight]
    "QKeyLedBrightness"=dword:0000000A (10)

Coming from a 700wx the 750 keys seem way too dim. With this setting it brightens up the keylights and improves the overall appearance of the 750 imo. I haven't noticed any significant battery drainage from this change either.
  4.    #4  
    thanks for the tips. they work!
    It's neccesary to do soft reset to make the changes work?
  6.    #6  
    i guess u can always soft reset to ensure it works. i did.