Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just purchased a 700WX from Verizon about one month ago...I also purchased the data plan along with thinking it would be great surfing the internet and looking stuff up from my phone when on the go...

Well first thing I noticed was the error with the "No modem at above location..." deal. This was very annoying, especially since I just dropped all this money for a new phone and it wasn't working properly.

Well three phones later I am still getting the error...and the error isn't so much the problem anymore...its the wait. Once connected to the internet via the WX, it loads pages quickly...but it seems within 5 seconds after a page is loaded the little white arrows up top with the 1X go from solid white to a see throughish stand by mode. After this happens I have to wait another one to two minutes for the phone to grab signal again for the internet to load a new page while I get the connecting and locating message on the bottom of the screen.

This is extremely annoying and disappointing. Just to make sure it wasn't my service in the area, and I know that its not just the phone (#3) I benchmarked it against a Q that one of my technicians have and the Q loaded the page within 5 seconds while my WX loaded it in about 2 minutes. We let the phones sit for about 5 minutes, loaded another page...his loaded extremely quickly, mine this time did not load at all and had to redial a connection 3 times till it would display the page.

My question is...does this problem happen to a lot of people with the WX or am I just that unfortunate that I have had 3 bad phones? This wait time is killing me and I don't even feel like searching around on the internet for anything let alone read the news after I have to wait for 2 minutes or longer.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Sounds like a weak signal. What provider did the person with the Q have?
    I agree with the above, it sounds like a weak data signal. When I am going home each day on the train, there is a section that is very weak in data and the same thing happens each time. A long latent period where the device searches for the best data signal. This is more from switching between EV and 1x, which Im not sure fits your issue.
    Have you tried updating your phone via *228? Have you called data technical support? Once after I initially got my 700w last year, I had problems while in an 'extended network area.' I called them, and they had did some things on their end of it and fixed the situation for me.

I would also concur with the weak signal problem others said above. I often have problems in 1x areas, especially when I'm on the fringe between an evdo and 1x area.
  5.    #5  
    This issue is definitely not a weak signal...I have full service almost at all times. The person with the Q was also a Verizon Wireless customer.

I've done the update from Verizon's side multiple times, also. I've been on the phone with Verizon Wireless multiple times to resolve the issue with absolutely no success.

They are testing the EVDO in our area...and even during the testing the pages load extremely fast but once the load and I read a page for awhile...it's back to waiting for the Modem to be located (Locating/Connecting).

The problem isn't the speed once I am connected, its trying to get connected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casket View Post
    I just purchased a 700WX from Verizon about one month ago...I also purchased the data plan along with thinking it would be great surfing the internet and looking stuff up from my phone when on the go...

Well first thing I noticed was the error with the "No modem at above location..." deal. This was very annoying, especially since I just dropped all this money for a new phone and it wasn't working properly.

Well three phones later I am still getting the error...and the error isn't so much the problem anymore...its the wait. Once connected to the internet via the WX, it loads pages quickly...but it seems within 5 seconds after a page is loaded the little white arrows up top with the 1X go from solid white to a see throughish stand by mode. After this happens I have to wait another one to two minutes for the phone to grab signal again for the internet to load a new page while I get the connecting and locating message on the bottom of the screen.

This is extremely annoying and disappointing. Just to make sure it wasn't my service in the area, and I know that its not just the phone (#3) I benchmarked it against a Q that one of my technicians have and the Q loaded the page within 5 seconds while my WX loaded it in about 2 minutes. We let the phones sit for about 5 minutes, loaded another page...his loaded extremely quickly, mine this time did not load at all and had to redial a connection 3 times till it would display the page.

My question is...does this problem happen to a lot of people with the WX or am I just that unfortunate that I have had 3 bad phones? This wait time is killing me and I don't even feel like searching around on the internet for anything let alone read the news after I have to wait for 2 minutes or longer.

Any comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I have the exact same problem with my Treo 700wx. The problem is not a week signal. I get this issues with four bars or just one. I did the same benchmark test with the Q as well at got the same results. The Q was with the same carrier. I had to Treo in one hand and the Q in the other. The Q was much fast in opening webpages and there was no reconnection during all this. The problem that you are describing is exactly what is happening to me. I know it something to do with the phone because another user has the same phone and problem. I have called VZW 6 times about this now and all they want to do is send me a refurb phone not a new one. This is causing major problems with my exchange activesync and the heartbeat interval.

If anyone knows how to fix this problem please let me know.
  7.    #7  
    Yes...I wish that I could post pictures of what I mean...I spend more time reading Connecting/Locating/Opening then a web page.
    I'm not sure how to fix the problem, other than to see if maybe your phones are set to disconnect after a really short idle time, but for the OP, I would suggest maybe getting another phone. After they've replaced it 3 times, you should be entitled to a whole different phone.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    If it's mainly PIE that's slow (web browsing), try emptying the cache. I can't remember how long ago this happened to me (or if it was with my W or WX), but I remember the cache being the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak4Dell View Post
    I'm not sure how to fix the problem, other than to see if maybe your phones are set to disconnect after a really short idle time, but for the OP, I would suggest maybe getting another phone. After they've replaced it 3 times, you should be entitled to a whole different phone.
    Where can I look to see where thats set at? Is this a registery setting or somewhere in the menu options that I haven't seen?

Thanks,
    Joey
    Well, I'm not positive, since I don't have a WM phone right now, but I believe it was somewhere in the menu settings for my connections on my 6700. Or maybe I'm just making it up. I know that regular Windows has settings like this, but I'm not completely sure about WM. Look around in the settings, though, and see if it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mixman View Post
    If it's mainly PIE that's slow (web browsing), try emptying the cache. I can't remember how long ago this happened to me (or if it was with my W or WX), but I remember the cache being the issue.
    This happens to me right after a hard reset, when everything should be erased. But just in case I'm not real sure how you clear the cache can you please tell me how?

Thanks,
    Joey
  13.    #13  
    This is happening to a phone that is fresh out of the box...three different phones...I doubt this is a cache problem, or DNS, or anything else involved with networking/dumping.

I believe that it's a setting where the modem switches to off after a short period of time and has to constantly reconnect...I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to stay connected or if this is just something that the WX is known for.
  14.    #14  
    Another instance that I forgot to note...

While sending via MMS (Picture/Video) the transfer gets to 10% then stops. I first noticed that I could only send when the arrows with 1X are completely solid...not shaded. It takes about 3-4 re-sends to send the message...the unsuccessful attempts are when the arrows are shaded, as soon as they are solid...the transfer is fine and goes through as it should. I am sure that this is the same instance as the internet and the same problem just in a different type of transfer of information...

Are you getting the same error Joey?
    It is definitely something with VZW and the WX combo. I have the same problem, and have read rather lengthy threads in a few forums, and after trying all the fixes and suggestions myself, I have grown accustomed (not happy with, but I deal with it) the glitch with the WX and data connection. If I do see a fix that works in the future, or if anybody else does, I am sure they will share, until then, I guess a lot of us VZW/WX users are SOL!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casket View Post
    Another instance that I forgot to note...

While sending via MMS (Picture/Video) the transfer gets to 10% then stops. I first noticed that I could only send when the arrows with 1X are completely solid...not shaded. It takes about 3-4 re-sends to send the message...the unsuccessful attempts are when the arrows are shaded, as soon as they are solid...the transfer is fine and goes through as it should. I am sure that this is the same instance as the internet and the same problem just in a different type of transfer of information...

Are you getting the same error Joey?
    Never tired that before but yes got the same error and problem. Went to 10% then just stopped. It took me about 4 re-sends to get it to go. This is really starting to aggravate me

Joey
    Happens to me all the time too. Same exact problem. Sometimes a soft reset seems to help... but its only temporary. Very frustrating.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    call tier 3 data support....i had the same problem. ask them to reset your "DMU security Keys" on the switch. solved the problem for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by biswasd View Post
    call tier 3 data support....i had the same problem. ask them to reset your "DMU security Keys" on the switch. solved the problem for me.
    I would love to call tier 3 data support at Verizon but I can't get past tier 1. If you have the number please give it to me. I would love to get this problem solved. What is the DMU security keys? and what does resetting it do?

Thanks,
    Joey
    I will second that request for the 'tier 3' support ph#.....I would LOVE to get this fixed!!!!! (I would also like to know what the DMU security keys are)

Thanks
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast