Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I dont understand why a security key would make the data connection work "sometimes".

I did a hard reset but I am still having intermitten data issues. I have a non solid bar for the data but IE & Activesync tend to not be able to make a solid data connection.

Info on DMU:

http://www.spirentcom.com/documents/3860.pdf
    New update.

Verizon has moved my problem to upper support. She told me that my problem would be handled within 72 hours and that I should receive an email or text message letting me know that the problem had been fixed and the solution.

Lets see what happens, I'm not going to hold my breath!

I'll keep you all posted on the results.

-Joey
    Good luck, please let us know, I know LOT of people in a couple other forums I visit that would LOVE to see this issue resolved (myself included)!!!
    I tried the turn the phone on & off trick & it worked pretty decently. It is still a lousy solution. The 700W was excellent with the internet, just a lousy PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by joey304 View Post
    New update.

Verizon has moved my problem to upper support. She told me that my problem would be handled within 72 hours and that I should receive an email or text message letting me know that the problem had been fixed and the solution.

Lets see what happens, I'm not going to hold my breath!

I'll keep you all posted on the results.

-Joey
    Joey,

When you were on the phone with VZW, was your internet working? Im not sure how to troubleshoot something that 'kinda' works.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Joey,

When you were on the phone with VZW, was your internet working? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot something that 'kinda' works.

Thanks,
    Rich
    They could see that the I was connected on their side but they would have me try to go to some webpages and it would just sit there saying locating. They moved my ticket up yesterday to a higher lever tech support who called me last night. The guy told me that he see this problem all the time and he's "sure hopes" that Verizon engineers and palm are working on the problem but couldn't speak for them. Anyways he could see that my phone was not working correctly and that he was sending me another phone. He felt for sure this was not going to fix the problem but it was the steps that he had to do. I asked him what should I do when I get the new phone and it doesn't work? He told me to call back and use the same case number that they gave me last time. Other then that there wasn't much more they could do until the problem got fixed.

To me this is crazy that Verizon knows about this problem and will not fix it. They should release an update or something to fix this problem. I plan on calling palm today with a phone number that I got from another person who is having the same trouble.

I think that anyone that is having this trouble should call Verizon until we get this problem solved. There is no way that we should pay this kind of money for service for it not work right.

Please let me know if anyone hears anything different and I'll keep you posted on how the new phone works.

-Joey
    I've been watching this thread and have my own bit to add. I added a data plan this past Sunday and have had the "no modem" error and lots of locating in PIE.
    I too called verizon yesterday and had to have my problem escalated to the next level. Last night I got a call to try and fix the problem with no success. The guy was willing to reset the DMU keys, even after telling me that wouldn't help, and he was right. Unlike the previous post, this guy didn't believe me that this was a widespread problem. He claimed it was a hardware issue that would be fixed with sending me a replacement.
    On a side note, I've noticed that my mail2web push service works almost flawlessly, with test emails being received almost instantly. But, when I try and send my own emails, the connection stays dormant and just times out.
    BTW, things that maybe you have in common.

The problem happens more in a weak 1X area than a weak EV area

I live in a spot where sometimes I get 1x sometimes EV.

Just curious if others are in the same boat.

Its almost like the Treo thinks your data connection is there but the VZW servers are not seeing you.

Maybe like the servers cant recognize you again until a specified time limit (due to dropout).

The server thinks your there & wont initate a new data connection?
    Joey,

How is the replacement WX?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Joey,

How is the replacement WX?

Thanks,
    Rich
    Sorry for not getting back to you all sooner. I had a family emergency and haven't been checking emails or this forum in a few days.

I got my first replacement phone Friday, but when I opened up the box there sat a nice pretty Treo 700 W . I had to call them back on Monday and have them send me another phone (the right one this time). Got my new phone yesterday and this one was right. Went on the website and activated the new phone, dialed the *22899, and did a soft reset. Once the phone cut back on and the data connection was established I went straight to the Internet Explorer. To my surprise the phone just set there say locating... locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...l ocating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...lo cating...locating... Finally the webpage came up. Went to go to another web page and the phone said locating...locating...locating...locating...locating...locating... until it timed out.

I will be calling Verizon back here in a few minutes and I feel sorry for the persons that's going to take my call. I don't know what else to do. The data connection has to work right for my exchange active sync to work. This is the whole reasons I bought the phone.

I'll keep you posted if I find out anything new. Please do the same for me.

Thanks,
    Joey
    Yikes,

I was hoping that all was well & you were so happy using your replacement WX that you decided never to return to this ugly thread. Sorry to hear about your unrelenting problem.

Rich
    Yikes,

I was hoping that all was well & you were so happy using your replacement WX that you decided never to return to this ugly thread. Sorry to hear about your unrelenting problem.

Rich
    I would hope not, whoever gets a fix for this has to come back and help out all of us fellow sufferers!!!! LOL
    ***Update***

I finally got an answer from Verizon yesterday. It looks like they know of this problem and that a request as been sent to Palm for an update. The tech support guy told me that this was also tied to the phone giving the "no modem found" error message. He said that once Palm releases an update that the problem should be fixed. Now here's the real kicker, the tech support guy told me that he's seen Palm take up to 7 months to get an update out. I asked that my NRB ticket be kept open. I plan on them everyday until this problem gets fixed.

I guess now its a waiting game. Hopefully with a lot of people calling about this problem, we'll get the update soon.

I'll keep everyone posted on anything new I find, please do the same.

-Joey
    I've been calling, and will continue to, I hope it is sooner that 7 months, I am loving this phone, and that is the one complaint I have.

Crossing fingers!!!!!
    Well, I guess there is no reason to bother getting a refurb from them, or getting them to stop / readd my data plan, or reset that other thing.

Considering how long the 700p has been out without that update, I would say we are in for a long wait indeed.
    Global Posts
    476 Global Posts
    They also have acknowledged the Bluetooth problems on the wx and will be releasing a fix for that as well.
    I think I figured how to fix this problem. First go into Connection setting and edit the broadband connection. The number should be #777. Keep hitting next untill the last step where it asks you to User name and password:
    User: Verizon Pass: vzw When you are done updating this hit finish. Then Exit all the open screens and do a *228 hit option one. Once that is done and phone has reset try going to the internet and see if you get the message. You should no longer get the no modem error.
    Last edited by chumps2001; 06/10/2007 at 12:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Greetings! I see that most everyone is using Verizon. I'm considering a move to Sprint. Any of the same issues with the 700wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by joey304 View Post
    ***Update***

I asked that my NRB ticket be kept open. I plan on them everyday until this problem gets fixed.
    Joey,

I was curious if they ever got back to you with any more information. This has to be a simple software fix. The hardware is exactly the same as the Sprint 700WX.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Joey,

I was curious if they ever got back to you with any more information. This has to be a simple software fix. The hardware is exactly the same as the Sprint 700WX.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Rich,

Sorry guys I thought I posted an update in this thread .

I have called the data support people so much at Version that the manager on that department called me personally. He said that he talked to the Engineers at Verizon and they have received the update from Palm about a month ago. They were now testing the update to insure there were no problems before they released it to the public. I asked when people could expect to see this update and I was told end of June beginning or July if everything went well with the update. He told me that this would fix all data connection problems.

All that happen at the end of last week and I haven't heard anything new yet. The manager told me that he was going to on vacation this week and that he would get back with me next week. I was told to keep on eye out on this website for the release of the update.

http://dts.vzw.com/

Hopefully this will come out soon and fix all my problems.

Thanks,
    -Joey
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast