1.    #1  
    So the story is...

... When I first got my Treo 700wx, it had this problem where the radio would reset after I hung up from a call. It would do this one or two times out of every ten calls I made. The problem went away all by itself so I didn't think anything of it. That was October of last year (roughly).

Now I went and did a hard reset on my phone two days ago using the 'Device Reset' application from Palm. This is the second or third time I've done a hard reset since getting the phone. The problem has returned with this reset and now it is resetting after EVERY call.

Just for everyone's knowledge, I've got the same apps installed as I did before reset and, as far as I can remember, all of my settings are the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Like after you finish the call, you get a beeping noise and then an "x" by the radio icon on top?

b/c that's happening to me too. Very strange. And I've done probably 30 hard resets on here since I had the device and have never seen this.

Very strange.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Yes, Mal, that's exactly what's going on. However, I've made two calls since posting and haven't had the issue. I /really/ hate intermittent problems... LOL
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Yes, Mal, that's exactly what's going on. However, I've made two calls since posting and haven't had the issue. I /really/ hate intermittent problems... LOL
    I swear it seems to only happen when I call Sprint... I dunno. Hopefully that's the case.

5.    #5  
    That just may be it, Mal... The calls to Sprint caused the reset but calls to other places do not... This is VERY odd...
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

So do you guys get No service displayed? If so, then I'm experiencing the same thing, which also happens intermittent. Turning the radio off/on doesn't resolve it, only a soft reset.
  7.    #7  
    With mine, I get an X over the signal meter and an X over the EVDO icon and I get a double beep and an orange LED flash. Then, everything returns to normal.
    Grant Smith

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    With mine, I get an X over the signal meter and an X over the EVDO icon and I get a double beep and an orange LED flash. Then, everything returns to normal.
    Yup, that's what happens to mine. If I have "roaming" set it won't even come back.

If it is a "sprint call only" thing, I'm thinking maybe it's done after a PRL update to force the radio to use the new PRL. Since Sprint has been upgrading their PRL/OTA system, this may be a consequence (coincidentally I just did a PRL update too). That'd explain why I've never seen this till I reactivated my freshly hard-reset device (been using the Q for last 5 months).

OTOH, if this happens with other phone calls then that theory is out and we have ourselves a bug.