1.    #1  
    hello

So yesterday I bought a new phone from Sprint, palm treo 700 wx that has windows mobile.

I also have a MACBOOK version OS 10.49. Its the ones that also have microsoft programs on them.

I am currently a medical student and will starting hospital rotations soon and I wanted to be able to put free programs as epocrates and diagonosaurus and medical calculator on my treo.

From the get go, i put the cd that came with my treo into my macbook and nothing came up, I assume it was meant for a PC.

I researched a bit and found that I needed to download MISSING SYNC FOR WINDOWS MOBILE

i did that and i even went ahead and downloaded epocratesmac and opened it with stuffit expander.

well my question is is that i have no clue how to put stuff as epocrates to my treo.

i hook it up via USB to my macbook, it shows them as connected but thats about it

i have tried to install epocrates and it shows it going through but then when i go to my treo i find it but then it says that
    THERE IS NO APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH EPOCRATES. RUN THE APPLICATION FIRST, THEN OPEN THIS FILE FROM WITHIN THE APPLICATION

IT ALSO SAYS THIS EXACT SAME THING WHEN I CLICK ON THE MISSING SYNC FROM WITHIN MY TREO.

Also one last thing

when i try to install the epocrates onto my computer it says the following

The application "AutoUpdate_Configuration" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<AutoUpdate_Configuration><AutoUpdate_Configuration><HotSyncLib.PPC><>"

any help would be appreciated as I am not computer savy

thank you
    Last edited by rapazcabeludo; 05/28/2007 at 02:53 AM.
    You should probably post your question on the MarkSpace Missing Sync forums:

http://forums.markspace.com/
    Here's the problem:

1. if you want to install an app for the 700wx from Mac OSX, you must have the .cab file installer, and not a Windows .exe file. You can check the developers web page to see if they offer a .Cab installer. The .Cab file is native to the 700wx.

2. If you only have the .exe file, you need to have Windows installed on your Mac running Boot Camp or Parallels, and then download Activesync from Microsoft.

3. If you do have a .Cab file installer, just copy it using Missing Sync to the 700wx and install by running the .Cab file.

Missing Sync lets you copy files to the 700wx, and synchronize your Calendar and Contacts with iCal, AddressBook, or Entourage.
    Get Parallels. It works great on the MacBook.