Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #1  
    Well, all I can say after waiting so long for my treo, is I'm frustrated. I activated the phone and had to wait several hours before it was fully activated. Then I try to get on the internet and that's when the nightmare started. It keeps dialing #777 which to me being new to treo's makes no sense. It will now connect sometimes but not like it did with my old Sammy A800. I have only 1 bar at most at home, while I have 3 or more when I'm at work. It's frustrating to say the least. Advanced Support said I can get a new phone, but I'm not sure if it's the phone or just my coverage. I'm looking at the coverage map now and I'm in a dark green area that means "Best". I don't know what to do. I guess I'm gonna go to my local Sprint store and get a new phone and hope it was just a defective phone. Not a good first impression.
  2. #2  
    I'd try reprovisioning the Vision services and do a PRL update for the heck of it.

    I use PDANet at 0 and 1 bar and have no issues. The "dial #777" bubble can be disabled under Sounds & Notifications in Settings.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  3. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #3  
    How do I "reprovision the Vision services"? And I've heard of calling and doing a PRL update, but never done it before. How does that work?
  4. #4  
    and don't be fooled by the signal bars. one bar on phone a my be better than 3 bars on phone b.

    I have been I areas with my treo wx and had 1 or 0 bars and had no problem with phone calls and or data.
  5. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    and don't be fooled by the signal bars. one bar on phone a my be better than 3 bars on phone b.

    I have been I areas with my treo wx and had 1 or 0 bars and had no problem with phone calls and or data.
    Thanks cody, that makes me feel better as far as that goes.
  6. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #6  
    I guess one thing I'm really confused about is why the treo even has to dial to connect to the internet? I mean, with my old phone all I had to do was click on "Web" and it would connect, no dialing necessary.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuyForeva View Post
    I guess one thing I'm really confused about is why the treo even has to dial to connect to the internet? I mean, with my old phone all I had to do was click on "Web" and it would connect, no dialing necessary.
    If you disable the popup info windows (primarily a Windows Mobile OS thing) it should act much like your old phone did when it connects. I think the other phone was probably "dialing" too, but it didn't tell you.

    -Frank
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuyForeva View Post
    I guess one thing I'm really confused about is why the treo even has to dial to connect to the internet? I mean, with my old phone all I had to do was click on "Web" and it would connect, no dialing necessary.
    This is a WM thing. I guess MS just wanted to make some kind of notification everytime it needed to dial to access the internet. Your old phone would dial to connect to the internet, but you just didn't see any kind of notification of what was going on.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    If you disable the popup info windows (primarily a Windows Mobile OS thing) it should act much like your old phone did when it connects. I think the other phone was probably "dialing" too, but it didn't tell you.

    -Frank
    Here you go:

    ; Disable pop-up notification bubble when starting a wireless data call
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{8ddf 46e7-56ed-4750-9e58-afc6ce486d03}]
    "Options"=dword:00000000
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Here you go:

    ; Disable pop-up notification bubble when starting a wireless data call
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{8ddf 46e7-56ed-4750-9e58-afc6ce486d03}]
    "Options"=dword:00000000
    Awesome! Great find! The notification was a PITA.



    This is for my info, original value was 8.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Here you go:

    ; Disable pop-up notification bubble when starting a wireless data call
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications\{8ddf 46e7-56ed-4750-9e58-afc6ce486d03}]
    "Options"=dword:00000000
    lol,

    you could also just go under Settings:

    Sounds & Notifications --> Connection Established --> Display Message on Screen
    (uncheck)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #12  
    Dang, didn't know that was there too. Thanks for spoiling all the fun Mal :P
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Dang, didn't know that was there too. Thanks for spoiling all the fun Mal :P
    no problem. I'll admit it's not exactly an intuitive thing, so it's easy to overlook. It should just be disabled though from the factory.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  14. C_H_A's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #14  
    This is why I love the MM Treo community....somebody has the way to fix what's wrong.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    lol,

    you could also just go under Settings:

    Sounds & Notifications --> Connection Established --> Display Message on Screen
    (uncheck)
    LOL! I'm from the "old school", where anything to be changed has to be done via the registry!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  16. GadgetGuyForeva
    GadgetGuyForeva's Avatar
       #16  
    I just wanted to reply real quickly from my treo and show you that everything is working fine. A little tweaking here and there and i'll be set. Thanks everyone! :-)
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuyForeva View Post
    I just wanted to reply real quickly from my treo and show you that everything is working fine. A little tweaking here and there and i'll be set. Thanks everyone! :-)
    Congratulations! :-)
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

    eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

    DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by GadgetGuyForeva View Post
    I just wanted to reply real quickly from my treo and show you that everything is working fine. A little tweaking here and there and i'll be set. Thanks everyone! :-)
    Yay. The 700wx is a great device, glad to see you stick with it.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  19. #19  
    how do you get into the registry....?
    i'm a new user on this 700wx
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ntalect View Post
    how do you get into the registry....?
    i'm a new user on this 700wx
    You need a registry editing program.

    Google PHMregedit for a decent free solution.

Posting Permissions