Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Hey guys.

Go easy on me - just got a 700wx yesterday.

Very simple question - when I plug in the sync cable, and then go to remove it, it takes a lot of force to disconnect.

Is there something I should be doing (squeezing, etc) to help release the connection, or does one simply pull out?

I'm kinda paranoid cause it was the charging port on my PPC 6700 that broke...

Thanks!
    It should loosen up after a number of cycles. It is hard at first. Yes, you should be careful (wiggle slightly left to right while pulling out and putting in). Do not use excessive force.

Just a note, the button on the originally supplied cable has no purpose. It states so in the manual. At first I thought it should be pushed while putting the cable on or off. But no, it does nothing. I think, in previous years, it was used to trigger active-sync or something. I dunno...

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    It should loosen up after a number of cycles. It is hard at first. Yes, you should be careful (wiggle slightly left to right while pulling out and putting in). Do not use excessive force.

Just a note, the button on the originally supplied cable has no purpose. It states so in the manual. At first I thought it should be pushed while putting the cable on or off. But no, it does nothing. I think, in previous years, it was used to trigger active-sync or something. I dunno...

-Frank
    (right, the button was for the PalmOS treo's and was used to start the "HotSync" process--they just used the same cables but it has no purposes with WM)

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  4. 2sa
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I love it...much easier to pack into a briefcase.
    Device: 700wx,4G SD Card
    Service: VZW

When I get my PPC just the way I want it.....what happens next?