Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have also disabled the alerts that frank has tried but I still have the problem.

For all those that have NOT experienced this problem, can you tell me if you have the keyguard disabled and if not how do you have it set.

I have found that what happens is right after I ignore a call the keyguard kicks on and then right after that the screen goes off and the bug happens.

So for me it is like this.

1st call duration goes past 60 seconds.

Screen dims

2nd call comes in and is ignored (meaning no buttons are pushed)

call goes to vm

keyguard kicks in and then the bug happens.

I just disabled the key guard and it did not happen. Now I put the keyguard back and it is still not happening. I still have the alerts off.
    Strange but hope this helps others.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
    I think I might have experienced this today.
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I think I might have experienced this today.

Rich,

test your phone and see if the keyguard comes up after you ignore a phone call. On my phone keyguard has a mind of it's own and comes on whe nit shouldnt.
    This is what is happening to me and I suspect everyone else that has this issue. For some reason it is only sometimes but when a call is ignored, after the screen that shows the new incoming call disappears, then the keyguard kicks in and then the screen goes out. It's not consistent and I cant figure out why.
    Palm Pilot Pro...Palm III...Palm V...Handspring Treo 180...Handspring Treo 300...Palm Treo 600...Palm Treo 650...Palm Treo 700p...Bye Bye palm , Hello wm5....Palm Treo 700wx...... 800w.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    Rich,

test your phone and see if the keyguard comes up after you ignore a phone call. On my phone keyguard has a mind of it's own and comes on whe nit shouldnt.
    This is what is happening to me and I suspect everyone else that has this issue. For some reason it is only sometimes but when a call is ignored, after the screen that shows the new incoming call disappears, then the keyguard kicks in and then the screen goes out. It's not consistent and I cant figure out why.
    Yes, I think you're on to something better than my alerts theory. As I mentioned in the other thread, I can duplicate your Keyguard behavior. And... when I turned the Keyguard off, and the alerts back on, the bug was not present during my test. Need more testing to prove consistent results.

-Frank
    Frank,

I think it would be good at this point to continue this in one thread. I think we should continue in this thread because it was created earlier and has more posts to it. Only thing is the title to the thread is not as descriptive to the problem as the other thread "call waiting issue" is http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1282985, which makes it easier for people searching on the problem.

Maybe you can get a moderator to edit this thread title for you so it will be and easier for people to find when they look up the problem to something like "Call waiting bug". Also maybe the mod could combine that post above to this one so all the info is in one place for people who go looking. Let me know your thoughts and Mods let me know if this can be done. It's always important to make the forum easier for everyone else.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by aacnyc View Post
    Frank,

I think it would be good at this point to continue this in one thread. I think we should continue in this thread because it was created earlier and has more posts to it. Only thing is the title to the thread is not as descriptive to the problem as the other thread "call waiting issue" is http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=1#post1282985, which makes it easier for people searching on the problem.

Maybe you can get a moderator to edit this thread title for you so it will be and easier for people to find when they look up the problem to something like "Call waiting bug". Also maybe the mod could combine that post above to this one so all the info is in one place for people who go looking. Let me know your thoughts and Mods let me know if this can be done. It's always important to make the forum easier for everyone else.
    Agreed. I was thinking something like "Call-waiting/Keyguard bug". But, whatever...

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Agreed. I was thinking something like "Call-waiting/Keyguard bug". But, whatever...

-Frank
    yes that's even better.

moderators - can you guys change the name of this thread to '' Call waiting / keyguard bug ''. it will better describe the problem that we and many others are having and should help to avoid duplicate threads (such as the other thread that was recently started) because this one apparently is not as decriptive in it's title.

thanks.

alan
    I started having something similar on my 700p. I am on a call, another call comes in and I can no longer hear the original call.

After some checking (thank goodness I have 2 phone lines at the office) it appears that the call was being connected to bluetooth, unfortunately my bluetooth headset was in the car. If I ignored the incoming call and then canceled the bluetooth I was able to get back on the original call, but what a pain.

If I turn bluetooth off then it does not happen, but I really don't want to have to turn bluetooth on and off on the phone each time I want to use the headset.

Hope someone resolves this soon, but looks like these issues have been going on for awhile.

BTW - This just started after I did the 700p Smartphone Update 1.10
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumba220 View Post
    I just tried it with my VZW, and I had no problems. Maybe it only happens on certain phones, but is still a "known issue."

Only thing is I don't use keyguard, so maybe I'll try to enable it and try again to see what happens. I usually just manually enable the key lock.
    It is only an issue when you use the Keyguard. The Keyguard app is the one that causes the problem. Not the various alerts as I once thought. Definitely Keyguard. Tested and reproducible here.

-Frank
    FWIW this just started happening with my wx. I found this thread (which I remembered reading) and have turned off my Keyguard. We'll see how it goes. I figured it was worth bumping this thread.
    Jornada 548; Jornada 568; Treo 600; Treo 700w; Treo 700wx (vzw)
    Im still having this issue (& I still use keyguard).
    I have experienced the same issue for quite some time and was just told by Verizon Wireless that the Treo 700w/wx Updater 1.22 at the following link will fix that problem:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

Let's hope that it works!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12