1.    #1  
    I think I am having an odd problem. I have the inbox set to check my POP3 email account every 10 minutes. That seems to be working. However, my problem is that the alert does not sound or show that email has arrived until I turn the phone on -- and it sounds and shows the number of emails immediately. I am sure it is a very simple fix, but I am dumb-founded.

Any ideas? Any tweaks that I can apply to correct this?

Thanks!

Scott
    If you don't mind spending about $20 (USD), try PushEffect. It will trigger your Pocket Outlook to download email everytime you get a new one. Regular Pocket Outlook polling seems to be unstable, as you can see. Plus if you check every 10 minutes, it will drain the battery, since it needs to maintain an internet connection to do so.
  3.    #3  
    I do not mind spending the money at all. I looked at PushEffect, but did not really understand how it worked. I guess I need to look at it again.

Thanks!
    It's actually very effective. When you install PushEffect on your device, you select which email address you want to automatically retrieve. You can disable automatic download in Pocket Outlook for the email address.

You then need to forward the email to your device. Depending on your provider, the forwarding address would be like number@provider. Whenever a new email arrives, it will forward the email to you. When it is received, PushEffect sees the text message, which acts as a trigger to download email messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    If you don't mind spending about $20 (USD), try PushEffect. It will trigger your Pocket Outlook to download email everytime you get a new one. Regular Pocket Outlook polling seems to be unstable, as you can see. Plus if you check every 10 minutes, it will drain the battery, since it needs to maintain an internet connection to do so.
    Although PushEffect is an effective application I think it is only fair that everyone mentions the obvious: you really should have unlimited SMS Text message as that is what it uses.

With SMS going at $0.15 per message, one could easily rack up a big bill if you're getting a lot of email (and at least with Sprint, unlimited SMS is on average $15/month)

OTOH, I'm wondering if this situation can be resolved another way:

There is is a "tweak" in Tweaks2k2 (System Tricks --> Collection 3 --> Alarm Fix --> change to 90+ seconds) which I think may aid in this as it keeps the device "awake" longer during alarms/notifications.

Now instead of paying for Tweaks2k2 (although I highly recommend it for other things), you could probably do this manually via a Reg Editor. If anyone knows what "key" that involves...feel free to add to this.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter