1.    #1  
    I have just bought a tomtom one gps device and I am having a major issue trying to get my treo 700wx to connect to the tomtom for the wireless data service to get traffic and weather.

I have been using tomtom 6.1 on my phone and a bluetooth gps, but I travel so much I really need to make my phone, just a phone.

When I try to connect the Tomtom one it seaches for the phone, finds its as a treo and ask if that is what I want to connect to. I click yes and then it says that service is not found on my phone...there has to be a work around...any one got any ideas or gotten this to work...
    Follow the instructions and set it up in that order Pairing the device and all that i had problems at first its cuz i was to lazy to follow the instructions.
  3.    #3  
    So where and what are the instructions. I can not find them anywhere.
    where did u get ur gps from a cracker jack box? mine came with 3 manuals all in different languages and a quick setup guide.
  5.    #5  
    yes I got it in a box of cracker jacks. doesn't everyone. so what you are saying is that you don't know how to do it since what it says in the manuals does not work.
    The TomTom requires a phone with a BT DUN profile.
  7.    #7  
    So can you tell me if my phone does and if it does do you know how I can set it up....
    Folks, if you can't be more helpful, then stop all this.

To 'jgctx', your Treo needs to act as a DUN device for the TomTom One to recognise and dial out. Out the box, I don't think the 700Wx has DUN enabled. After I installed the A2DP patch, my 700Wx now has DUN enabled and occasionally in between classes, I use it with my PowerBook to get online and kill time.

Try the A2DP patch and see what happens. First make a backup so you can always revert back if want to.

The thread is one of the top ones in this forum.

Good luck.
    .....Life is But Such Sweet Sorrow.....
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the help. That was what I was looking for. Can you tell me the best way to back up and restore? I do not want to have to do a hard reset again..if there is a easy way to back up and restore that would be another great help.
    I beleve that the problem lies with the Tom Tom. I have a Tom Tom One also. I have installed the A2DP update and now the TOM TOM can see the treo but it coes not see it as a data connection. Tom Tom has some pre-defined configurtions and the option to create a manual one. I have spent hours tring to get it to work but no luck.
  11.    #11  
    I can get the TomTom to see the treo but they can not connect, that is with out the A2DP...can you tell me where you found the manual config for the tomtom...how do I get to that?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgctx View Post
    Thanks for the help. That was what I was looking for. Can you tell me the best way to back up and restore? I do not want to have to do a hard reset again..if there is a easy way to back up and restore that would be another great help.
    I use a very good app called SPB Backup. It backs up to the SD card and can restore from it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Painter_ View Post
    I beleve that the problem lies with the Tom Tom. I have a Tom Tom One also. I have installed the A2DP update and now the TOM TOM can see the treo but it coes not see it as a data connection. Tom Tom has some pre-defined configurations and the option to create a manual one. I have spent hours tring to get it to work but no luck.
    Ok, when was the last time you plugged your TomTom One to your PC, ran the TomTom Home software and checked for any updates to the "Phone Database" settings, (which is what handles the Phone Connection Settings)?

I know this is slightly different, but the other day, i ran the TomTom home software with my SD card with TT Navigator 6 data and was prompted to update the "Phone Database" settings.

Give it a try.