1.    #1  
    Don't know if anyone else has this problem. I have my Comcast e-mail coming into my Treo. A new e-mail comes in, and I'll check it, and most times delete. However, I get that same e-mail over and over again - at least 10 or 12 more times. Usually I just go into my Comcast account online, or on my pc, and delete it, which stops it from coming to my phone. Is there some kind of setting I'm missing? It wasn't doing this before. How do I stop getting the same e-mails repeatedly on my phone? Any help would be much appreciated.
    The Rules Change, But The Game Remains The Same
    If it is a POP3 account, be sure to uncheck the box that allows you to leave a copy of the message on the server.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    I am also having this problem, except with text messages. Im not sure if Im getting charged for each one, and thats not even the real problem. Its just annoying that I get the same thing sent to me every 2 or 3 minutes 10 or 20 times in a row. anyone have any ideas on a fix for this??
    Sorry for the thread jack vader.
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    If it is a POP3 account, be sure to uncheck the box that allows you to leave a copy of the message on the server.
    How do you change that option..I'm having the same problem I have my Treo setup to receive mail from my Outlook 2003 account (aka Verizon Mail) but it seems to keep pulling the same email over and over again....
    Quote Originally Posted by treoreo View Post
    How do you change that option..I'm having the same problem I have my Treo setup to receive mail from my Outlook 2003 account (aka Verizon Mail) but it seems to keep pulling the same email over and over again....
    Hmmm.... I'm not exactly sure how to do it with POutlook. It is easy enough to do with Outlook but I'm not seeing an option in POutlook.

And as far as Text Messages go, I'm /really/ not sure about that one...

Is this all happening on the VZW Network? I'm having no such issues on the Sprint side...
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by gksmithlcw View Post
    Would I do that from my Treo, or am I doing it from my actual Comcast account? I'm only asking because I don't see that option on my Treo anywhere.
    The Rules Change, But The Game Remains The Same
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
    I am also having this problem, except with text messages. Im not sure if Im getting charged for each one, and thats not even the real problem. Its just annoying that I get the same thing sent to me every 2 or 3 minutes 10 or 20 times in a row. anyone have any ideas on a fix for this??
    Sorry for the thread jack vader.

Did you recently try to set-up an IM program on your treo?

I think this has to do with not signing out of the IM program and it goes to something called PDAvillage (i think that's what it's called).

It happened to me and it was annoying as hell. Log back into the IM program fromthe device and sign out properly. They should stop.