Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I have the option set to notify me with one of the ringer options when a new email is received. I setup my account in outlook and i have begun to successfully receive emails but without the notification. I just happen to open my inbox every now and then and see a new message sitting there waiting for me to read.

Also, does this phone have a silent mode - ie. can the ringer be turned off for phone and email during a meeting and such.

Thanks.

Mike
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Bump.....desperately need help on this issue - anyone have any thoughts?
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    The phone certainly has a silent mode - it's enabled by sliding the switch on the top edge of the unit towards the side with the stylus. There are add-on programs that can automatically silence the alarms when your calendar shows you are in a meeting.

Do your alarms work otherwise?

Go to Start..Settings..Sounds and Notifications..Notifications. In the Event dropdown, select "Inbox: New e-mail message". Is a sound enabled for that and is Play Sound checked? Test the sound by tapping on the play button.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, all the other notifications work (incoming phone call, voicemail, etc.).
    The button on the top of the phone is not on silent or vibrate mode and the notification box is checked.
    Brought it back to the store and the sales guy was equally puzzled.

Mike
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Are you using the standard email program (Pocket Outlook), with or without Cingular ExpressMail? Do the new messages show on the Today screen?

Have you tried a soft reset to see if that helps? If it doesn't, then a hard reset may be in order (make sure you have adequate backups as this will restore the device to the factory configuration.

Actually, before you do that - download and run PmClean, which cleans up the notification database. This could be your problem.
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Same thing here as for the e-mail notification goes. I am using Gmail and I check my mail manually all day. One time, I got the notification to work. I didn't do anything special, it just worked.

On the today screen, it will show you have 5 new messages or whatever, but no notification. I tried to get it to work a while back, but to no avail. Seems this is a common problem.

holmes4-I did just d/l that cleanup prog. you suggested. Cool little app!! did not fix the notification though. Waiting on WM6............